General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By PandaHatch
#158810 here is a do. make sure you put axles all the way back in. I thought my trans was no good and almost sold it cheap but I double checked it. get a punch for the bitch pin on the linkage it takes time be patient and wear glasses to prevent shit from getting into your eyes. make sure you have all required tools to do it and a breaker bar for the axle nuts. make sure new trans has good fluid after you put it in. any other questions specifically lemme know. first time expect 3 hours or more. it goes back on the same way you take it off... UNPLUG ALL SENSORS. good luck! DIY FTMFW!!!!
By chrono404
PandaHatch wrote:here is a do. make sure you put axles all the way back in. I thought my trans was no good and almost sold it cheap but I double checked it. get a punch for the bitch pin on the linkage it takes time be patient and wear glasses to prevent shit from getting into your eyes. make sure you have all required tools to do it and a breaker bar for the axle nuts. make sure new trans has good fluid after you put it in. any other questions specifically lemme know. first time expect 3 hours or more. it goes back on the same way you take it off... UNPLUG ALL SENSORS. good luck! DIY FTMFW!!!!

x2

Except for I never take off the axles, I always take the lower suspension apart pull the axles out of the transmission, put plastic bags over the end and set them on the ground, I have never had an issue doing it this way and i cant even begin to think of how many transmissions swaps/engine swaps/clutch replacements that I have done.
By ikon
#158829 yeah i never remove the axles. just remember sensors, shift shit, bell housing bolts, and axles and you should be good. just make sure you get the car high enough to get the tranny out. the more you have holding the tranny up, the more help u have when lining it up to put it on. :thumb:
By PandaHatch
#158849 ^^^ very constructivc critisizm. You dont have to take the axles out but I always do just so its one less thing in my way. trans jack will help tremendously. I never had one so it was just my guns and knees pushing and holding that bitch up by myself. ( second pair of hands is great) good luck man!!!
By Toneco
#158880 Thanks All of you.

I will be doing the swap hopefully next weekend so ill prepare my stuff.

thanks again ill post up the work.
and if i get stuck ill do so as well lol
im pretty confident and i don't give up as easy hopefully the jdm force is with me lol

goodshit thankz :thumb:
By dipdawg
#158884 When you go to put the axles back in the trans turn the little ring towards the end with the open part of it facing up. It always slides in pretty easy for me this way, because the only place the ring can go is up and not get hung up.
By ikon
#158920 x2 panda hatch. lining it up when ur on ur back benching the bitch as a pita. :lol: guns and knees ftw!!!
By PandaHatch
#158944 yeah I tried to have my girl slide the bolt on the passenger side mount in and she was lost...I swear she couldnt build a wall out of legos. (JK) but i was cussing like crazy....ALSO PREPARE TO BUST YOUR LIMBS UP. SIEZED BOLTS ARE ENDLESS FDR ME i BUSTED KNUCKLES AND SOME MORE SHIT. DONT DROP TRANS ON YOU THAT HURTS TOO LOL :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By ikon
#159032 ur first time yields as much blood as tranny fluid. :woot:
By ikon
#159034 oh and make sure u push the axles all the way in.......... right panda hatch :lol:
By PandaHatch
#159035 YEAH!!! jackass lol. go to world record thread for pics of my project. not on last page try page before the last.
By Toneco
#159120 haha well do :lol:
By Toneco
#164298 Okay so this weekend was the only time I had to swap my trans but now I have a couple Bumps, First of all before I continued with doing so, I noticed that i had a small oil leak in between my trans and engine oil pan :( it was some what dirty oil which im thinking it's trans oil because I change my oil every 3000miles and who knows whens the last time I've had a tranny oil change, so need help with that, now for the topic problem, I've done everything step by step for the trans to come off but it does not want to dislocate from the motor, also how do I get the Axles out need help in that as well, I'm going to dedicate all morning to figure this out but im some what suck for now. Let me know what you guys segest on my problems.

thanks. :cry: