General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By teal_dx
#155494 what model of transmissions?

I know the ex/si tranny uses larger bearings on the diff than the dx/lx cx vx tranny does. I'm pretty sure the EF trannys also use the smaller bearing.
By berg89
#155501 Its a B series ls transmission.
By Classiccarsrule85
#155503 well my good friend used a 93 teg trans and told me only the 93 teg internals will work...
By berg89
#155534 ok, idk what year my tranny is. All i know is that it is a hydro LS transmission. The guy that sold it to me said it was complete, but after putting it in my car i can tell it is not. So if anybody knows if this is possible ill really appreciate it.
By Classiccarsrule85
berg89 wrote:ok, idk what year my tranny is. All i know is that it is a hydro LS transmission. The guy that sold it to me said it was complete, but after putting it in my car i can tell it is not. So if anybody knows if this is possible ill really appreciate it.

well if its a hydro trans its 94-00 any of those internals will swap over into it but i know my buddies been dealing with teg stuff for awhile hes got alot of b series stuff and used to toy around with it so i beleive him when he says that the 93 teg cable trans internals will swap over into the hydro trans....
By berg89
#155601 Ok, thanks a lot. Now i can finally get it done :thumb:
By chrono404
#155603 It depends on whats missing, The shifting parts wont be compatible between Cable and hydro transmissions. The gear sets will most likely be compatible.
By berg89
#155624 I think its just a couple synchro rings missing and or going out. Because it grinds like crazy going into 3rd 4th. O and it kicks me out of first when i let out the clutch. Do you know what that might be?
By chrono404
#155678 sounds like the gears are pretty badly worn. Tranny was probally raced on.

Swap out gear clusters and hopefully your new clusters are in better shape.
By berg89
#155680 Ill do that. Do u know where i can find out what all parts should be in a tranny and how to put it back together?