General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By ExCoupe94
#151598 so ive been driving my civic for about a month now after an ls swap. i actually paired the b18b1 with a gsr tranny but anyways i couldnt pass emmisions and ended up seafoaming the gas oil and intake mani about 3 days after the seafoam my car started to make this wee wee wee wee wee sound when i let it warm up. over the next week it got worse and now im squeaking everywhere i go! as soon as i hit the clutch the squeak goes away in fact i can barely rest my foot on the pedal and the sound disaapears anyone seen this before? :?
By Classiccarsrule85
#151601 sounds to me like it may have something to do with a clutch....maybe the rear seals leaking?? not completely sure but its possible or oil or something got onto the clutch.....but definately sounds liek something to do with the clutch to me if when you disengage it goes away
By teal_dx
#151604 mine does this... found it to be the slave cylinder. The actuator vibrates on the fork that goes in the tranny housing. barely giving it any pressure will make the actuator push against the fork, stopping the squeek.

mine sounded like a constant cricket in my bay. with your car idling & squeeking, pinch the boot of the slave cyl and see it it stops squeeking.
By ExCoupe94
#151625 Hell Yea! here i thought i had some major issues i appreciate the random knowledge u posses! SUPERTHANKU!!!
By teal_dx
#151652 you can unbolt the slave cyl and put a dab of grease where it is contacting & squeeking and it will stop. try something thick like lithium grease, not wd40.
By ExCoupe94
#151748 good call, will do, :woot: and thanks again!
By Dippin_EG
#151777 it could possibly be a worn throwout bearing squeaking too? just a thought
By redridinhood
Dippin_EG wrote:it could possibly be a worn throwout bearing squeaking too? just a thought

that was my thought also but with the clutch petal in the throw out bearing would be spinning and should squeal so its backwards...
By forcefedEG
#176212 i agree with dippin, it could be the throw out, i have had this problem in the past. and that was the conclusion i came to