General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By KingcoupeO
#149941 my car wont go into gear at all - reverse only and thats if i slam it . could my trsanny fluid be low - i changed my axles the the other day and lost fluid but thought i refilled enough this is a 96 gsr motor an tranny
By Dippin_EG
#149947 you may have broken the shift fork, but i dont know for sure.

As soon as our resident tranny guru, Chrono404, logs on, im sure he'll give you some better advise :thumb:
By chrono404
#149955 What happens when you try to put it into gear? did you do anything else besides replacing axles? Did this transmission drive fine before this?

Its most likely not a shift fork issues unless its an unknown transmission or you beat the piss out of the car and then the car wouldn't shift, This doesn't sound like the issue to me.

D Series Manual Transmissions take 1.9quarts of Oil. I would imagine that B Series will take close to that. I always just put 2 quarts of oil when i do anything on any of my manual transmissions. If you didn't put in enough oil that could possibly be the issue, Especially if thats the only thing that has changed since it was working perfectly before.
By KingcoupeO
#149960 naw the car drove fine before the b series according to honda takes 2 and one fifths quarts of mtf wich i put in . its not leaking from the axles i drove the car home last night , the clutch could be worn ? theres fluid in the hydro master cylinder . really frustrating the car goes into all gears while it is not running when it starts is when it desnt wana go . :x :x :x :x :x
By JUICE
#149967 ^^ how'd you drive home?? or you mean you drove it home and then changed the axles... :?

dont see why it would be the clutch all of a sudden after just changing the axles.. good luck man
By dawg316
#149971 did you get the right axels. every honda i did a cv shaft swap on , the part store always gives us the wrong axels. make shure you got correct ones, compare the splines on the old ones and the new ones, trans side and wheel size. make shure the axels are set properly into the trans, check fluid level then see whats up
By Greasedmonkey
#149985 sounds like a clutch related problem.

Check the clutch fluid, bleed it. make sure its all good to go. other wise you might have to pull the tranny to check the clutch out.

Low fluid wont stop you from getting into gears. at least it never stopped me.
By suspendedHatch
#150277 You never pour in a predetermined amount of fluid. There's a plug on the side of the tranny up and to the left of the drain plug. Remove that and fill the tranny with fluid until it starts to trickle out from there.