General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By 92vx
#149297 is a GSR trans bad on an ls? and is it bad to drive daily on a 6 puck clutch?
By ikon
#149461 ive always heard the ls has a great tranny. good gear lenghts i guess. what r u using it for.
By 92vx
#149464 Its for a del sol, and will the clutch burn out soón?
By teal_dx
#149470 I have a 6 puck and it's more like an on/off switch compared to a stock clutch. You could put a 6 puck in a daily driver, but driving in stop/go traffic will suck.

It takes some getting used to when starting from a dead stop too.

:woot: for another ohio member
I'm in Akron often
By chrono404
#149479 The GSR Trans is better then the LS Transmission.

It has shorter gears for better acceleration. Probably THE transmission to have if you boosting, or plan on adding a Turbo anytime soon.
By 92vx
teal_dx wrote:I have a 6 puck and it's more like an on/off switch compared to a stock clutch. You could put a 6 puck in a daily driver, but driving in stop/go traffic will suck.

It takes some getting used to when starting from a dead stop too.

:woot: for another ohio member
I'm in Akron often

what part?
By BLaCkSiLo
92vx wrote:Its for a del sol, and will the clutch burn out soón?

puck clutches have a softer material for extra grip and holding power, they are fine to run in daily drivers, i have a sprung 6 puck and i can slip it very well, close to stock, it just chatters a bit at the very end if you don't give it any gas.

the puck clutch will just not have as great of a lifespan compared to a street disc...say if a street disc gives you 100k miles, a puck will prolly be half that give or take. unless you really rip on it