General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By PandaHatch
#145301 just put finished putting tranny in and the wheels will not spin. I can shift from 1st to fifth with no grinds and not have the clutch pushed in. it does grind like it should when attempting reverse with no clutch. obviously goes in gear with clutch but no power to the wheels. I NEED HELP. im so frustrated it was a bitch to get the old one out and I just dont know what to do. or look for. any suggestions
By asianrob
#145303 axles all the way in?
By thirdson
#145304 Check for axles, CV, and maybe see if the axles connected properly to the hub
By PandaHatch
#145305 I think you all hit it right on the head. mI was having a little trouble getting the axle in on the drivers side. is stuck out just a bit like it could go in some more but I figured once I sat the car down the weight would push it in, I never got that far it slipped my mind. anyways what the reasoning behind that just out of curiousity and what is a better way to get that axle in. i put some grease on the splines... does that still explain the no grind with clutch out issue...
By PandaHatch
#145306 thanks for the quick replies too guys. im so heated right now I could explode but that reassures me I dont have to pull trans out again. (4th time..clutches bad trans etc.) :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By teal_dx
#145307 http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/aut ... CH+RELEASE
Is the clutch fork (#4 in pic) installed properly?
I ALMOST put a tranny back in a car without remembering that part one time... :oops:
By PandaHatch
#145311 Im pretty sure it is. the throwout bearing connects to the fork by sliding behind it and over the mainshaft. The slave cylinder pushes it and it does retract so I assume its right.
By Greasedmonkey
#145341 this is a random shot in the dark, and I truly hope its not this. But, if the axles are in and the forks there, and its still not moving, you could have some bad teeth on a gear, final maybe? or missing the gear out right. No final drive means no go.
By PandaHatch
#145345 no final drive means Im going to beat this guys head in with a wrench for selling me a fucked tranny.I had them write out a 30 day warranty so Im trying to figure it out asap. I hope it not that too!
By asianrob
Greasedmonkey wrote:this is a random shot in the dark, and I truly hope its not this. But, if the axles are in and the forks there, and its still not moving, you could have some bad teeth on a gear, final maybe? or missing the gear out right. No final drive means no go.

or the splines on the axle is stripped?
By PandaHatch
#145352 no I got a look at those because I greased them. what about the shift thing with no clutch... No grinds
By Greasedmonkey
#145358 its normal if the car is off. if its the car is running and you can do that then take the tranny off again and make sure shits on right and there in general.
By That One Dude
#145360 How about trying to adjust the clutch pedal? I know it's remedial shit, but I battled my clutch for a month and removed/disassembled/reassembled/replaced everything three times before adjusting my clutch pedal 1/4".

Reverse is going to grind without the clutch disengaged because it's a straight cut gear.
By PandaHatch
#145365 possible..I suppose it was messed with last time I put my clutch in with old trans. my friend didi it so I dont exactly know how to do it and he is in boot camp for army so I cant get a hold of him. anything about no grind issue. car running no clutch shift=no grind when I expect it to grind
By Apexracing
#145368 take the boot off from the fork on the front of the transmission and manualy move it over and see if you can get it to engage then.