General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By PandaHatch
#143763 just in case... i attempted to pull trans that was effin up about a month ago and didn't get the case off. bolted it back up and stuck it back in car. I broke the slave cylinder but figured the hell with it i will start the car up. i started it up and it grinded like hell. I cut the car off. wheels didn't turn and trans was a little difficult to get on. hoping that the splines didn't mess up on the motor side.
By teal_dx
#143807 I would download the service manual for your car. I used it when rebuilding my tranny and would not have attempted without it.

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/RJA ... MANUAL.asp
http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/

there's a couple links to dl them :thumb:
By PandaHatch
#143879 i think I have one and im glad you finally saw this. I dont need to rebuild the trans I ended up buying one Im just hoping and wondering what the chances are that I messed whatever it is on the motorside like stripped the teeth out. but that wouldnt happen with trans was woled up would it? if the car was here I would look but its at my dads and I havent had a chance to get over there and was just curious
By PandaHatch
#143952 Im soon to be headed out there to swap the new trans in and i hope it works. picking up some 5w30 for the trans and brake fluid for the master. better get some grease too. wish me luck hopefully I can bring her home this afternoon :eekdance:
By Chance
#143956 GL d00d!! :)
By PandaHatch
#144023 ^^ thanks I think I need more though LOL. so Im an idiot the splines are on the clutch. Duh. (I forgot to take pics if I said I was going to.) I had the linkage,axles, and all trans bolts +starter removed in about 35-40 minutes but then trans did not want to wiggle loose. i hit it with a hammer and that didn't work. out of frustration and anger I picked up an old truck driveshaft and rocked the trans about 15 times until it budged. Then got under the car and wiggled the broke up trans free. put the new one in with no problems.(my girl even helped me LOL) it got dark so i will return tomorrow to finish starter,linkage, and axles. I spent a total of 3 hours messing with it.

does anyone know a link or how to remove an ignition or ignition and steering column. lost keys and bought new column with ignition and keys.
By PandaHatch
#144255 after realizing I no longer have the manual on my computer I checked those links and the service manual only pulled one page and the hondahookup site was not there. :?
By chrono404
PandaHatch wrote:after realizing I no longer have the manual on my computer I checked those links and the service manual only pulled one page and the hondahookup site was not there. :?

PM me your Email address and I will email you the 92-95 Civic Service Manual. I also have the DC and EK Manuals if you want them.
By PandaHatch
#144324 i appreciate that . PM sent.