General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Apexracing
#139307 ok this may have been covered before but i couldn't find a clear solution. my clutch pedal seems to stick after driving for a bit, and it has to be pumped to come back up, it just gets lower and lower, and the clutch action gets harsh as the pedal gets stuck. my clutch has been harsh since i bought the car, it can kinda make the car jerk if im not extremly careful, nothing like any other mt car i've ever owned or drove. what could my issue be. thanks.
By asianrob
#139317 bleed the lines. look in the engine bay to see if it is leaking around the Master Cylinder/ brake booster area
By Apexracing
#139318 i have bled the slave cylender and its not using or leaking fluid.
By BLaCkSiLo
#139511 the reservoir is full? check the hydraulic release cylinder, pull the boot back and make sure it's not leaking out of the seal where the pressure actually is. on the release fork on the transmission there is a ball and socket type of joint, i had to replace my buddies in the parking lot because it just failed....but the rubber boot will hold some of the fluid to make it look like it's not leaking.

but seems like it's not holding pressure somewhere, so either a fitting/component so poke around and see what you can find and check back :thumb:
By Apexracing
#139516 yea, it hasnt been using fluid. but ill poke around before i take it to a shop. im getting it painted next month so i need to get this fixed. check out my post in the brakes section, i wonder if they are related.
By BLaCkSiLo
#139519 i posted in your brakes section but i doubt they are related, you need to look over all of your fittings, i would suspect the release cylinder, they are only $20 @ napa to replace.... if you need to pump it = pressure loss (somewhere)
By Apexracing
#139523 so there isnt supposed to be fluid under the dust boot lol, i guess i need a new slave cylender. easy fix i hope.
By BLaCkSiLo
#139525 lol....no 8)

easy fix...2 10mm bolts, a flare wrench and like 20 min of time, re-bleed and your back on the road, like $22 as well

did it in my work clothes in the parking lot on lunch break :lol:
By teal_dx
BLaCkSiLo wrote:lol....no 8)

easy fix...2 10mm bolts, a flare wrench and like 20 min of time, re-bleed and your back on the road, like $22 as well

did it in my work clothes in the parking lot on lunch break :lol:

lol so true. I did it on the side of the road once - replace my slave cyl that is... :hehe:
By Apexracing
#139537 ok well thanks guys, ill be ordering one asap.
By Apexracing
#141945 follow up. ive been so busy with my hatch i put off changing my slave, well it was 130am here and i was bored so i changed it out, and man what a difference, ever since i bought the car over a year ago, i thought it had a bad clutch and now, it works and shifts sooo smooth, i cant believe the difference i'm very pleased, it shifts like a new car. thanks again for the help guys.