General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Ajax1989
#128554 whats a slipping clutch feel like?

never had one slip on me
i know my flywheel is warped

but i was reading online bout slipping clutches and i have some sympotms
but i dont know what a slipping clutch feels like

the site has some sym.
and i have these 2
1 poor gas mileage.
2 if you need to downshift more frequently when going up hills.

so if someonw could help that would be great :thumb:
By chrono404
#128562 When my clutch was slipping on me in my coupe the engine would accelerate faster then the car would, always happening in the higher power band, when i left off the gas the tach would drop abnormally low.

Kinda like driving a perfectly normal car on a really wet road or ice, Thats what it felt/feels like. That was what my OEM clutch was like come the end of its life.
By Ajax1989
#128568 ok.. i see

i just notice that when i park on my driveway [hill]
when i put it in 1st and let off the clutch with no brake my car rolls down the hill slowly.. :thumbdown:

and my car idles real low

ok next thing is replacing my clutch :thumbdown:
By 95DohcEG
#129096 Try leaving it in a different gear like 3rd or reverse. Could be the gear as well the low idle could be something else completely. shrink your possibilities on your clutch zone in on the prob. Mines starting to go too another main thing i think, if it's your clutch is when you accelerate do the RPM's match up with your speed?

Sometimes my car goes from 15-2500 rpms and i didn't really go any whwere untill like 3k then it'll pulls.

Sorry if this is like obvious info. Just thought i'd mention it before you spend money on a clutch and it could be something else.
By JDM-EG
#134268 94_jdm_ferio
u solve ur problem ?
i have a similar problems like yours,if u have solve it please let me know ya thanks ~
By Ajax1989
#134395 no i havent solved it yet
:x
By 92egdxhatch
94_jdm_ferio wrote:no i havent solved it yet
:x

easiest way to tell is wen ur rpms go up and ur car doesnt move, i fried my clutch before i even had my car licensed doing burnouts :thumbdown:
By VegasCivic
#134429 pull the cover off and look.
By JDM-EG
#134563 u havent replace ur clutch ? i tot u have replace it coz u said u will replace the clutch next~ haha is ok,let me know if anything update,thanks
By Ajax1989
#134566 ya i havent replaced it yet
i dont have any money so
its bein saved for lil by lil
:thumb: