General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Ajax1989
#127988 i had a stage 1 in my ek and it worked fine

so i would say they are good
By pedroa06
#128099 yeah i know ive heard bad stuff about ebay but isnt exedy a good brand.. and later im just planing on getting another single cam d15b or d16z6..
not lookin for alot of power..
pros cons on exedy oem replacement?
By egsedanguy
#128117 um not really sure. i know they make good stuff but sometimes ebay lies. just cause its red with an exedy sticker dont mean its a reall one. but hell i know it will work fine on a stock motor. but i would sudjest a stage 2.
By pedroa06
#128122 yeah so u think its not really a exedy for that price?
yeah stage 2's sounds nice but kinda low on cash rather get something oem stage..
By egsedanguy
#128126 i heard the stage 2 are just like oem with a lil more firmness. but i guess its up to you. just think tho. this is a main part off the drive system. if you get cheap stuff its more likly to fail. but i would try it out. cant really know till then.
By pedroa06
#128136 yeah i wana think about just needed some input..

im just looking for a oem clutch enought to handle down the road a d15b with bolt ons..
By Ajax1989
#128137 i had a d16y8 with bolt ons and i had a ebay exedy stage 1 and for me it was perfect, no slippin nuthin :thumb:
By pedroa06
#128143 wait oem is stage one rite?

but you think its really exedy or a ebay special :lol: ?
By Ajax1989
#128147 not sure on the stage 1 bein oem, but

it was 80 bucks or somethin like that
if it was ebay then it was a good clutch

but i think it was exedy cause it was still workin good
when the car blew up, no slippin.. nothin
and i raced it every weekend and i drove it hard and no problems

:thumb:
By pedroa06
#128170 yeah because this exedy clutch says its oem spec..
but i would like to know if its really exedy u know since its off ebay..
By Ajax1989
#128175 i think it is an exedy

Gripforce is the largest Exedy distributor on eBay! We gaurentee the lowest price on all genuine Exedy products on eBay. Note that only genuine Exedy/Daikin clutch kits (not repackaged) come with a 12 month/12,000 mile manufacturer warranty

it looks like its a company that sells exedy clutchs on ebay
but you never know

but if ur iffy on this
go to autozone and get a oem clutch :thumb:
By Dippin_EG
#128178 I got a stage 1 exedy and a 7lb fidanza flywheel, and it worked, so i say good :thumb:

Id rather have that one than an XTD racing one :lol:
By pedroa06
#128183 yeah.
ima gonna go for it then.. you think if i use the stock flywheels just resurface it at a local shop itll be kool?

yeah xtd seems.. idk you know.. looks like they just spray paint there oem parts.. ordered one for a buddy and worked okay for 10,000 miles :lol: