General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By pancake
#123590 hey guys,

so i have an eg hatchback si (im from aus), it has a d16a8 (dohc non-vtec)

my friend has a eg hathback too (d16y1 sohc vtec) and it occured to me that my clutch is very different to his

first of all, my clutch engages almost straight away when i let go off the clutch, it engages as soon as you lift your toes up basically. does this seem normal?

another thing is that my clutch is really really stiff. is this bad? how can i change it, if i can.

just a bit curious that's it, nothing else is wrong with the clutch

hope you can help, thanks :)
By pancake
#123768 umm i think both of ours are stock clutches... i'm not quite sure about mine really, the previous owner didn't mention he had an aftermarket clutch though
By teal_dx
#123775 First thing to check is clutch fluid levels. Make sure they are both filled to the correct level. :thumb:

I never compared the DOHC to SOHC, I only owned SOHC's. Maybe someone who had owned both can help.
By pancake
#123790 ohh ok, thanks guys :wink:

with my clutch engaging that low, is it alright just the way it is? or is it a problem?
By pedroa06
#128105 well on my integra when i had it the clutch was a bit more firm then the civic but the clutch on my civic is almost gone so i really do not know..
mite be your clutch is not old recently replaced or u have a aftermarket clutch..