General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Radiomakers
#122125 My friends, anyone of you guys buy on ebay those kits? I recently buy an Stage 1 XTD Clutch for my D16. Ive read in other place bad things about this brand, somebody have some experiencie with these clutches? I receive this kit on a few days, is this crap or not? :(
By teal_dx
#122127 do a search for "XTD" they come up in these forums now and then...
People here seem to be happy with them for the most part, especially the stage 3. I have stage 3 and I can't complain. I'm nut sure about how their stage 1 holds up though...
By Sentry
#122155 There's a post on some other forum about this where the guy goes to pick up a clutch at the actual place where some dude churns out the XTD clutches. He goes in, sees a stack of boxes of OEM plates and discs. Thought nothing of it at the time, then he realized the guy was just spray painting the pressure plates red and packaging them with either a disc or a 6 puck and calling them "Stage One", etc.

Here we go: http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=663375&page=2
By Radiomakers
Sentry wrote:There's a post on some other forum about this where the guy goes to pick up a clutch at the actual place where some dude churns out the XTD clutches. He goes in, sees a stack of boxes of OEM plates and discs. Thought nothing of it at the time, then he realized the guy was just spray painting the pressure plates red and packaging them with either a disc or a 6 puck and calling them "Stage One", etc.

Here we go: http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=663375&page=2

Oh, i´ve read that topic, im very worried about this.. My OEM clutch can work a few days more. I´m waiting this kit, but if the XTD clutch is shit i´m an stupid for not buy an OEM clutch..

" You get waht you paid " Thats the true.. :(
By teal_dx
#122184 Here's some pics I took of my XTD stage 3 kit when I got it. This must have been back in 2006 sometime...

There were a lot of people curious on H-T back then, speculating who made these... I peeled the sticker off the pressure plate and SECO was under it.

Spec SFI was on the sticker on the flywheel

By Radiomakers
#122460 How much weight have this flywheel? I read in other place that 12lb its "the magic number", its that true? I have a D16Z6, and thinking to modify my flywheel when install my new clutch..
By Radiomakers
#122468 Thanks Man..!! Your are my best new friend.. :lol:
By bren94cx
#127273 def helpful but eveywhere i look the xtd stage 3 only comes with a 8 lb flywheel....?
By chrono404
#127298 I had a XTD Stage 3 in my z6 Nitrous coupe and it was awesome. my 3month old OEM style clutch was slipping under nitrous runs, After I put the XTD Clutch in I never had slipping issues again.

However I got only the clutch kit, I didn't get the lightened flywheel.

If you are going to boost down the road. you will want to keep your OEM flywheel, going with a lightened flywheel will reduce rotational mass and thus making it take longer to spool up.