General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By matt is (eg6)
#121414 ok when i press my clutch it goes all the way to the floor and stays there... then if i pump it a few times it comes back up and works ok (but not great) i was wondering if it could be air in the clutch or something :? ...

please tell me what you think it is or how to bleed my clutch oh and its a stock cx tranny thanks matt
By Ajax1989
#121415 can you smell something burning when you push the clutch down??

and right in front the raditor fan you will see a bleeder screw on the slave cyl. which is on the tranny and you just bleed it like you would the brakes
By Sentry
#121481 Start by bleeding the clutch. The bleeder nut is an 8mm nut with what looks like a zerk fitting (BUT ISNT) on the slave cylinder. Top off the reservoir, have someone pump the shit out of the clutch pedal and hold it there. Crack the nut open and tighten it again once it's done squirting. Do this a couple times until the clutch feels right. Then start it up, clutch in, wait a couple seconds for the trans to spin down and see if it takes reverse without grinding.
By matt is (eg6)
#121499 thanks alot guys ill try this tomorrow and let you know what happens... :thumb:
By Sentry
#121856 Keep an eye on the fluid level over the next couple days and see if it goes down any. If it doesn't you should be fine.