N/A build discussion
By Mike437
#117193 So i've got my original D15B7 in my 94 civic lx w/ 108k. I bought it last year with 101k and the guy did not know when the last time the timing belt was changed. Now that i've got some money to spend i figure i'd give my civic a tune up. What exactly should i get done to my civic to keep it around for another few years and keep it my dd.

Oh and nothing is wrong with it now, drives perfectly everyday. I just figure its time to at least change the timing belt.

Mods to car: catback exhaust, and short ram intake.

Want to: get headers with test pipe or new cat, and new valve cover.

Thanks for any help.
By Greasedmonkey
#117257 timing belt
Timing belt tensioner
water pump
oil pump
spark plugs
spark plug cables
dist. cap
dist. rotor
dist. o ring

If our leaking oil anywhere and dont know where its from then get:

valve cover gasktet
Oil pan gasket
Rear main seal
cam seal
Crank seal

With all that you will have pretty much a brand new motor, minus a rebuild.
By JUICE
#117260 that answer should be a sticky :thumb:

.....dont throw a test pipe on that thing. it will be waaay loud and probly make it slower! :lol: d15b7 (103hp) isn't exactly a high performer in need of a super flow test pipe. get a nice exhaust and you'll be much happier.
By Mike437
#117281 Thanks for all the help, and in response to the post above I do have a pretty decent exhaust on it right now with the short ram intake. Dyno'd at 100whp and 98 tq. Pretty quick for a stock d15b7 i'd like to think. But I do think I am going to get a new set of headers, and saw a pretty nice, bear with me, obx high flow cat for $150 that looks alright. I might give that a try. And does anybody know if the valve covers for the d15 and d16 are universal? obx has a new blue valve cover they list for the d16 but says nothing about d15.
By Greasedmonkey
#117436 the valve covers from a D16 will not work with a D15 unless its a Vtec D15. The spark plug cables are on different sides of the valve cover.