N/A build discussion
By Benji_Esi
#10166 Hey guys...just thought i'd let you know about a little something I did that worked pretty well for me.

i took my induction kit (Foam one) gave it a lean and such. Got some spare tubing from a central heating project i'm working on (Very, VERY heat resistant stuff!) and took it to my garage. After a brief measurement i cut that baby to within an inch of its life, so that there's about an inch of it showing between the induction kit and the inlet mani.

I used the excess piping to create a cold air feed from the pre-existing feed pipes (stock honda).

Pleasing thing number 1 - The car loses no power when it heats up, leading me to believe it's getting a lot more cold air.

And pleasing thing number 2 - Because of the non existing distance between insuction and mani, the noise is awesome! You can properly hear the v-tec kicking in now, rather than it just being noise.

Just finished fitting the new replacement bumper (post-crash) and back box (which looks feckin awesome) so i'm riding a high at the minute! Oh yea - got my alloys rubbed down and ready to paint so they look new! Yeah! :thumb: :lol:
By ChicagoMike
#10169 This thread is useless without pics............hahahahaha, just playin! :D

Pics would be good though, I'm pretty curious to see exactly what you did, and how it turned out.
By Benji_Esi
#10170 I've just moved back home for the holidays, so as soon as i unpack my camera I will lol. :thumb:
By ohDirka
#10171 maybe a video clip so we can see what it sounds like
:hehe:
By stefan
JDM-Chick wrote:i dont understand I need pics im a visual person lol

x2 :D

IMO the 2 best sounds in the automotive branche;
1. VTEC kicking in violently,
2. loud blowoff valve doing it's job...

A sound clip and some pics please!!! :)
By chnzgoofball
stefan wrote:
JDM-Chick wrote:i dont understand I need pics im a visual person lol

x2 :D

IMO the 2 best sounds in the automotive branche;
1. VTEC kicking in violently,
2. loud blowoff valve doing it's job...

A sound clip and some pics please!!! :)

x3
By Benji_Esi
#10201 lol! Dammit, there's such suspence now...

I'll see what I can do. REMEBER it sounds good - for a SOHC

that again, sounds good - for a SOHC lol :lol:
By chnzgoofball
Benji_Esi wrote:lol! Dammit, there's such suspence now...

I'll see what I can do. REMEBER it sounds good - for a SOHC

that again, sounds good - for a SOHC lol :lol:

hahaha yeah there is everyones curious :lol:
By vtec_gloucester
#10266 pics and vids :thumb:
By spinksy
vtec_gloucester wrote:pics and vids :thumb:

x2!!!!!
By vtec_gloucester
#12733 still no pics of this then? :?
By chnzgoofball
vtec_gloucester wrote:still no pics of this then? :?

i dont think hes going to post any... :x
By vtec_gloucester
#12757 lol.... i'll just stick to the AEM's, INJEN's, etc then i think :thumb: :lol:
By lip_vtec
#27811 really got me curious now i wanna see and hear this ive got a sohc, i mean cumon i need this lol nah just messin. be nice to see sum pics though mate