N/A build discussion
By mistergou
#106757 Was wondering what all things I can do to my B18C for better compression only thing I have done for compression is ITR pistons... but want to break the 200 whp mark, I know I am getting new cams an high compression valves, but wondering what other things I can add while I have it apart?
By Greasedmonkey
#106800 Thinner head gasket. Flat faced valves.
By Faded_Milano
#106810 Can't you use ls crank and rods to get higher compression? B's aren't my forte
By mistergou
Greasedmonkey wrote:Thinner head gasket. Flat faced valves.

Any brands you recommend for these parts?

Faded_Milano wrote:Can't you use ls crank and rods to get higher compression? B's aren't my forte

ill look into that
By d-mon
#106892 the crank wont change compression, it determines the stroke.
by ' milliing' the head and using various pistons you can increase your compression ratio.
By ej2rey
#106899 What greasedmonkey and d-mon said plus ctr pistons.
I believe they are higher compression than the itr ones.
By Greasedmonkey
mistergou wrote:
Greasedmonkey wrote:Thinner head gasket. Flat faced valves.

Any brands you recommend for these parts?

Faded_Milano wrote:Can't you use ls crank and rods to get higher compression? B's aren't my forte

ill look into that

since you already have ITR pistons, I would suggest staying with those. no sense in changing that all over again. They are great pistons. LS crank and rods will just stroke the motor to and LS 1834cc. That and you would have to mod the small end of the LS rods to get the ITR pistons on it. In a sense it would effectivly raise the CR, since the ITR pistons have more dome than a LS piston. Might make it a lil too much with the GSR head though.

For the Brands on the Valves and Gasket.

Head gasket - Mugen, Spoon, Cometic (make sure it is thinner, they sell all sizes.)

Valves - Ferrea, Skunk2, Spoon, Jun... any as long as it is the high compression design.
By mistergou
#106997 Okay thanks guys for all the help!