N/A build discussion
By ChicagoMike
#103496 Finally started my hatch after a long/cold winter. Today was the first start since the beginning of November. After sitting almost 5 months, the car only had 4 flat tires, and a completely dead battery. Threw in a brand new battery and the car fired right up on the first crank. Man it feels great to drive my car again!!! :woot:

By sqsi
#103497 Nice day for it. I worked on mine a bit today too although it will be a while before it drives again
By smokinsoljah420
teal_dx wrote::woot:
I love the cam gears in motion!

x2! i wish my bay looked that great lol! :thumb: good shit bro!
By blockustomz
#103507 shit looks hot but u did change the oil before starting right?
By Sentry
blockustomz wrote:shit looks hot but u did change the oil before starting right?

I don't think that's necessary, but it can't hurt.
By blockustomz
Sentry wrote:
blockustomz wrote:shit looks hot but u did change the oil before starting right?

I don't think that's necessary, but it can't hurt.

if my car sit for 5 months with no starts since then id change it before i started it.. thats me atleast.. ohh ya royal purple ftw!! :woot:
By ohDirka
#103591 Nice man. One thing thats different since last time you started it is the price of gas.
By suspendedHatch
#103676 It's really hard on a battery to sit dead like that. You should get a battery tender like this one:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku

Keeps your battery like new. I alternate my cars on it overnight once a week or so because it charges the battery higher than your alternator can; extending the life of the battery and the alternator.

And yes, you need to change the oil. Notice the oil change interval recommendations are listed in miles OR months, whichever come first. The detergents in the oil break down. Also the phosphorus contaminants in the oil break down the oil itself.
By ChicagoMike
#105186 Thanks for the replies everyone!! Feels great to be back behind the wheel. :thumb:

Yesterday I raced a cammed out Mustang, and put the boots to him!! :lol: Picking up right where I left off last year, lol.

Oh yeah, I should have mentioned in my first post......yes, the car did get all fresh fluids.

A few more pix. :thumb:

By Civic_HatchSI
#105238 sweet! car still looks great, its always nice to take the car out after the long winter.
By Gorveatt
#105240 Car's looking sweet mike, now hurry up and get a lip on that bitch :thumb:
By Greasedmonkey
#105269 when you moving back to AZ?