N/A build discussion

What path would you take?

22%
78%
By chrono404
#96979 I have been looking around for a new Engine swap for my Coupe for a while now. I have been wanting a SIR2 Swap for a good long while, However more recently the J32 Type-S Swap can get out of my Head.

The Price of a SiR2 swap is about 2k + Shipping. Getting a Type-S Engine/Tranny can be gotten for 1000-1200, Mounts are 500 and axles 350, so for 1850-2050 I would have a v6 Type-S Swapped Coupe which would put down 270hp(232lbs) n/a.

I do have some Concerns though:
>- Having to convert to OBD2b
>- What ecu will I run? stock type-S?
>- Little Info on strength of rods, etc
>- Little to no aftermarket for the Type-S J32, Unlike the B16
>- No complete build threads online, No idea of what problems will arise
>- Will my bloody hood close properly(some videos say yes, some say no)

I know what the B16 will offer me, However the Type-S V6 is very very tempting, But I don't want to regret going down that path in 2-3 months when I would be stuck wiring, Still driving my slow automatic Integra LS back and forth to work.

What are your guys thoughts? Do you think it would be worth the Risk to go with the v6? or should I just stay on the well trodden path of a B16?

Also sorry if I posted in the wrong place, couldn't think of where else to put it.
By hannibalhekki
#96986 go against the grain! j32 all the way!!! my local shop does them if you have any questions hit up mike from imerj on elpasoracing.com :thumb:
By Classiccarsrule85
#96987 I voted for the J-32 swap as well since it seems to me yea its a6cyl but it seems like its the new h22 swap but better would be alot of work though but it is the future
By chrono404
suspendedHatch wrote:B18C5

edit* B16B

Not to be taken offensive or un-appreciative. However I asked about advice between 2 engines, both costing about 2k, Not two different Type-R Engines costing between 4-5k.

The J32 Swap is what I am leaning towards. It is much more grunt for my dollar. It would be much more fun at the local drag races.
By robster
#97197 Vote 4 V6

If your going for circuit racing -> B16 and for drag only -> V6 more weight on the front axel
By chrono404
robster wrote:If your going for circuit racing -> B16 and for drag only -> V6 more weight on the front axel

I will be doing mostly drag racing, I will have some mountain runs, however almost all racing will be Drag.

I am definitely felling the v6. I am doing lots of searching online. I already know of 3 engine/tranny sets close, I am still researching what has to be done on the wiring front. Thats the only real thing holding me back, That and I want to be a Sleeper, so the hood has to close, This car has the same swap I will do and the hood closes with the bad raised a bit so I should be okay on that front.
By robster
#97201 can't open the video from work, but i think you mean the orange coupe with a ice bag on the mani! That thing sounds like a bad ass VR6 from VW :thumb: i love it!

Dude go with the V6!
By project-eg
#97250 If I were you I would go with the v6 it would be ruff at first with the wireing but after that would be a fast ass coupe you will have fun at the strip. :thumb:
By makahana187
#97854 ive got a b16 swap in my eg and i love it, but the 6 cyl would be tight no doubt....go for it
By Gorveatt
#108465 Fuck the B16, hate them, yeah you rev high, but there is absolutely no torque and yo'ure just like "ahh.... are we going?"

J32 all the fucking way
By boosted94
#108466 J ftw its all about being umique.. everyones got a b