N/A build discussion
By blockustomz
#95118 anyone ever do a ITB engine build. im really intrested in doing it.

i got a 94 b18 gsr engine with a type r tranny. complete stock (execpt for skunk2 manifold) ECU chipped with hondata s300.

do i need to get anything else to run those itbs?

and the only itbs i can find are obx which i dont want.. obx = cheap right?

i really wanna get some info and maybe some sites i can buy from. any help would be greatly appreciated.
By luispizarro25
#96260 yeah nice topic... im swaping to gsr this summer so i'd like to know... what are the advantages in power or torque... or anything, dotn know much about this yet
By 93cxhb
#99626 i would imagine you would loose some torg do to shortening your intake so much . i think honda tuning did a write up on a set about a year ago but i will have to check all my old mags .
By suspendedHatch
#99706 If you have several grand to play with then ITB's are an interesting idea. If you think you can buy a kit for a couple hundred and get a chipped ECU, then you are sorely mistaken. To run ITB's you need an EMS capable of alpha-N with MAP compensation. It's much much harder to run ITB's and make the car streetable than it would be to use them for a race ONLY application. Good luck.

Kinsler makes a good kit.
By 0p71mu5pr1m3
#99744 Yeah the biggest problem with ITB's is retaining streetable use. If you're just wanting to do an all motor build, you're a lot better off with just going with a good intake manifold and a large TB.
By bietelboer
#126357 That is true but the sound of ITB's is so awesome! :woot: