N/A build discussion
By StuRat
#89258 Anybody have em? Heard anything about em?

I'm looking to buy some off eBay/craigslist and just wanted to hear some other POV's.

Suggestions are welcome! I love input.
By Classiccarsrule85
#89259 4-2-1 header really isnt any different than a 4-1-1 header though it dose flow more efficiently hp gains idk this but its probaly a normal 5-10hp nothing big but it will free up some horses...

my whole input on the thing dont buy ebay headers they work ok i had no name headers on my z6 and it went just fine but ebay is ebay and you get what you pay for
By StuRat
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:4-2-1 header really isnt any different than a 4-1-1 header though it dose flow more efficiently hp gains idk this but its probaly a normal 5-10hp nothing big but it will free up some horses...

my whole input on the thing dont buy ebay headers they work ok i had no name headers on my z6 and it went just fine but ebay is ebay and you get what you pay for

Haha I'm smarter than that. I know not to buy anything with 'eBay quality'. These are real HP headers with a, fuck it I'll just show you.

HP Headers

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-00-CIVIC-HP-RACING-STAINLESS-STEEL-4-2-1-HEADER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ33631QQihZ007QQitemZ170278010265QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Seems like a good deal. I can get them shipped to me or I can pick up an identical pair in Odessa. So I can drive an hour/hour and a half and pay $115 or I can like $110 and get that shit shipped.

CL post:
http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/pts/992519228.html

I could really care less about the power.
By biretsu89
#89300 Image

... i have a 4-2-1 header from ebay... probably the best 50 bucks I've spent for my civic to be honest.... they look awesome and arent broken yet? :?
The only bad thing that has happened with these headers is the highway patrol pulled me over and saw them.... so now im rocking oem headers :thumb:
By Classiccarsrule85
#89312 ohhh n yea i had the stock cx manifold on there before i used the headers i had no room once i put the headers on lol i found that there was room enough for my big 13 foot to fit in the bay and then some so i didnt have to lean over the core support.
By Greasedmonkey
#89363 i have a 4-2-1 header as well from ebay. Its the best mod done to my car as of right now. made the most difference.
By StuRat
Greasedmonkey wrote:i have a 4-2-1 header as well from ebay. Its the best mod done to my car as of right now. made the most difference.

REALLY? eBay headers are good?! WHAT?!

Still. I'd rather get HP or DC Sports.
By tigerafro
#89586 just make sure you get the wields checked. i hear good things. but make sure you ask around for brands or people they bought it from
By Greasedmonkey
StuRat wrote:
Greasedmonkey wrote:i have a 4-2-1 header as well from ebay. Its the best mod done to my car as of right now. made the most difference.

im saying ebay is great, Im saying the header made more of a difference than any other bolt on.

edit** shit..I for got the word NOT after Im.....

Im not saying ebay is great.
Last edited by Greasedmonkey on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By StuRat
Greasedmonkey wrote:
StuRat wrote:

im saying ebay is great, Im saying the header made more of a difference than any other bolt on.

If I could just be like Shia la Bouf for a second...."Noonononononononono. No. NO. N-O. NOO-OOOHH."

You misunderstood.

DC sports headers purchased on eBay are still DC sports headers. HP Racing headers purchased on ebay are still HP headers. They are not 'eBay headers.' I say that meaning it's generic/cheap stuff that I'm curious about now. I still want a good pair of headers.

Do you need a link to clarify what I mean?
By Greasedmonkey
#89713 I know what your talking about. Ebay is a great place to get parts, but you have to be weary. I got generic ebay headers for my car since Ill be swapping it asap. What Im saying is headers make more of a diffence than intake or exhaust. You will feel the header more.

I have a Ebay header.
By StuRat
Greasedmonkey wrote:I know what your talking about. Ebay is a great place to get parts, but you have to be weary. I got generic ebay headers for my car since Ill be swapping it asap. What Im saying is headers make more of a diffence than intake or exhaust. You will feel the header more.

I have a Ebay header.

Oh, oh yeah I know headers will make a difference. I was just curious about the quality of the generic brand headers. They look cool actually, heat treating looks sick, but I was unsure.
By jmsplitfyre
#89756 I've had my eBay headers for more than a year now and I've had no problems with it at all, except for the color change. LOL!

If you're buying from eBay, just make sure what you purchase. And always read the buyer feedbacks. :thumb:
By Gunni
#90000 I dyno-ed my d16 with a 4-2-1 ebay hedders and there was no hp gain, 120.6 hp original and 120.8 hp with hedders.
By biretsu89
#92305 your not going to get like a +5 hp gain just from headers... O.o..