N/A build discussion
By Rossforest
#85391 Hi, I've just taken off my valve cover to give it a spray, however when I put it back on I can feel air leaking out of the top of the cover where one of the bolts had been snapped off by the previous owner. When I turn off the engine there is a hiss for a couple of seconds. Is this a big problem? Does anyone have any ideas how to sort it?
By Classiccarsrule85
#85401 well your best best would be to replace the said broken bolt area or it may have been a stud idk what motor your running....but anyhow that would be the best thing to do also i would get a new valve cover gasket set i would say tops 20$'s would get you one and then i would also buy for assurance a gasket sealant. tthen yea it should be fine after that....the hiss is just due to the leak i beleive thats what happened to my buddies when he had a leak himself. until he fixed it.
By Rossforest
#85417 I'm currently running a B16A2. Would driving with my engine with this leak be bad for it in any way? Will it reduce my performance? Sorry for all the questions, I only just bought by eg a week ago, loving it already though!
By Classiccarsrule85
#85421 as far as i know the only thing that you are doing is killing some hp by allowing it to leak i think im pretty sure that its fine but really it should be fixed....
By Ej2-B16a
#85981 are you sure the hissing isnt from you building compression?

if you ever have done a compression test turning the motor over by hand you hearing air escaping thru the vavles