N/A build discussion
By forcefedEG
ej2rey wrote:The ls/v can be as reliable as the b16 and then sum.

x2 its been done time and time agin :lol:
By forcefedEG
sparkyej1423 wrote:But if u don't have the money to build it reliable then go b16

agreed
By 93hatcheg
Split_second wrote:
JLau wrote:
Split_second wrote:ls-vtech if done right me honestly i think b16 is garbage

It's VTEC and garbage based on what?

its a 1.6 v-tech alot of ppl swap em in b16 bcause its cheap but theres no power at all 2 b16 motors i seen b16 get smoke by single cam v tech

hahah its funny you say that cause my d16z6 with i/h/e has now smoked 2 b16a and a b18b :thumb:
By 93hatcheg
#182321 ohh and dont hate on the sohc vtec! those are by far the best honda motors everbuilt IMO. and ill argue that till the death but thats for a different thread lol
By forcefedEG
Greasedmonkey wrote:My single cam "VTEC" motor would beat the 99-00 Si's all the time. Doesnt mean the B16a is garbage. The B16a is a great motor. Its alot better than the SOHC VTEC motors in so many ways. So what if it doesnt have more torque. None of honda's motors have much of that anyways.

agree x2 i love my turbo b16, granted its turbo and this is the na section, but in a b16's defense the b16b is a NA power house of a 1.6! ive seen numbers ranging in the 180 to 200hp stock! i cant see many na d16's off STOCK parts run with that....
By Ramon Rodriguez III
#235179 i would have to say go B16a but lsv is pretty nasty if built right... but from what i see go b16 cause lsv dont last from what i witness..
By Elaurian
#258006 if its an N/A build go for the b series then go for the d series if you plan boosting.