N/A build discussion
By ek978
#81842 so my little 1.5 doesn't have much life in it left so i picked up a gsr bare block with crank for cheap. i was planning on gettin eagle h beams or scat rods, rs machine p30 cast piston oem bearings arp rod bolts. bored over to 82mm stock sleeves. and thats my short block what do you guys think. for the head i might get a gsr and put sk2 vt and pro 2 cams or might leave it stock to save costs i'm looking for 200whp. i know power is in the head but i don't want to port and polish right now also would using ls crank and and rods b worth it or should i use the gsr crank with some h beams
By Faded_Milano
#81902 I don't see the point in building the bottom and not the top. That's like a muscular guy without a brain.
By smokinsoljah420
Faded_Milano wrote:I don't see the point in building the bottom and not the top. That's like a muscular guy without a brain.

x2 I think i might steal that for my sig lol!
By Greasedmonkey
#81999 Not getting 200hp with out head work.
By ek978
#83035 i see but cams and stuff run a bill but i guess u gotta pay to play. i was thinkin sk2 vt wit pro 2s or is that too aggressive for the street keep in mind this is going to be my dd and winters are kinda harsh in new england
By Faded_Milano
#83037 it should be fine as long as you get a good tune.
By 95projektvic
#83041 "I don't see the point in building the bottom and not the top. That's like a muscular guy without a brain."

the more muscle, the less brain.
By King-K
#83297 You want 200+whp, your gonna need an 84x89, that 82x87 won't cut it.

B20 block
Rs machine itr pistons
I beam rods
Block guard
Type r oil pump and water pump

Gsr head
Sk2 valvetrain
Sk2 orignal stage 2 cams
Profab, sparks, rmf headers
2.5 piping on a 2.5 exhaust
Edelbrock manifold
70, 72mm TB