N/A build discussion
By DeW HoE
#79221 i was trying to degrease and clean my engine bay and forgot to remove the plastic bag from the intake...my freind said he saw my intake shrunk til i stopped the engine....when i went out n look 2 friggin hairline cracks been added to it....any solution/advice u guys/girls have with this?....i can put some sturdy electrical tape on one of them which is outta sight....the other crack on the upper portion of the intake......
By Faded_Milano
#79241 plastic bag?? what?
By Gorveatt
#79242 i can understand why you had a bag over the intake when cleaning your engine bay... but why did you have the engine running?
By lopez286
Gorveatt wrote:i can understand why you had a bag over the intake when cleaning your engine bay... but why did you have the engine running?

x2 :?
By suspendedHatch
#79365 Electric tape isn't going to do anything so just get that out of your head. You might be able to patch it with fiberglass but it's not going to be pretty.
By Classiccarsrule85
#79367 look you messed up it happens to all of us but sometimes its something that is cheap other times liek in your case expensive sucks and you probaly are screwed get another intake since thats gonna end up breaking up and well yea going right into your engine and then your really screwed.....

or at least im pretty sure your screwed. why wouldnt you remove the intake before you degreesed the motor and why would you let it run you are suppose to let it air dry...
By DeW HoE
#79402 yea, i really screwed up on my part....i wrapped the filter part with a plastic bag to prevent it from water goin in cuz i was spraying down the whole engine bay with degreaser and water......the enigne wasnt running when i was cleanign the motor....sorry for not clearing that up. after i hose down the degreaser debris, i forgot to remove the plastic bag. in the directions of the can states that after 5 minutes of hosing down, start the engine to "make" it dry....at least thats what the directions says.....

so any solutions?....i epoxied the top portion and i'll go check on it to see if it works...if it doesnt , ill jus have to go with fiberglassing.....*sigh*
By suspendedHatch
#79444 It was a small mistake that anyone would make like losing your sunglasses. But I think it speaks volumes to the quality of the product that it would implode just from the vacuum of the motor. I wouldn't want that on my car! What happens when that filter gets splashed with water or gets partially clogged with use?

Good ol' OEM aluminum intake works for me.
By Classiccarsrule85
#79450 wonder if you can get a refund lol maybe get another one from password jdm saying hey all of a sudden my intake emploded on itself the filter clogged up i dont know how and the intake just broke i want my money back this was not worth the money .....

though i know lying is bad but making a product they say is great and haveing this happen something had to of been flawed with it to begin with.....

And yea good ol'aluminum what would i do without you
By JDM FERIO MAN
#79478 Password jdm is shit all the parts that thay have are shit :x
By marvinp8700
#79497 i'm with classic
call em up and raise hell
By OmarG
marvinp8700 wrote:i'm with classic
call em up and raise hell

This. I'd leave the part out about the plastic bag though. :?
By Gorveatt
#79552 not to be a dick or anything, but i deal with this sort of thing on a daily basis, people will call and say that it broke and they didn't do anything, when it's obvious that they did.

i say just admit your mistake and either get a new one, or new intake
By ChicagoMike
#79556 Junk that intake. Whats gonna happen when/if a piece breaks off and gets sucked into yout throttle body??? Boom, expensive f*ck up.