N/A build discussion
By ChicagoMike
#5248 240 is still really good numbers in those cylinders!! If the rings were starting to go bad I dont think those numbers would even be that high. Whereas if you bent a valve or two in the bad cylinders, your compression would still be good in the other cylinders (which it is).

I did it in one of my old B16's, went from 5th gear to 2nd, RPM's went to about 10,000 and bent 11 outta 16 valves. Are you possitive you havent had any "bad" mis-shifts??

I'd just hate to see ya do a shit ton of work and be stuck in the same boat that you are.
By vtec_gloucester
#5273 about 3 months ago i was racing a dc5 - doing about 130mph went to put it into 5th but the gearbox was abit nakered so it went into 3rd

is that a sign of bent valves???
By LaMbErT*
vtec_gloucester wrote:
so ive got a fun weekend ahead of me... any hints or tips on this job?

Aye good luck mate lol i really couldn't help you i don't know enough about it but all i can say is ill keep my fingers crossed!
By vtec_gloucester
#5279 i think im gunna need the luck. lol

im doing the wet compression test tonight to rule out piston and rings and ive decided to replace the 8 valves in the 2 cylinders than have low compression and replace all gaskets and seals...

i really hope that the head doesnt need any machine work doing to it though - the car is my daily drive so i cant afford to have it off the road for very long.

there will be lots of pics over the weekend for your viewing pleasure :thumb:
By ChicagoMike
vtec_gloucester wrote:about 3 months ago i was racing a dc5 - doing about 130mph went to put it into 5th but the gearbox was abit nakered so it went into 3rd

is that a sign of bent valves???

Just how high did the RPMs go?? Did the check engine light flash for a sec when it happened? Is that when it seems the car just wasnt all there anymore?
By vtec_gloucester
#5290 thats when the minnor idle problem started and has gotten worse since then...

didnt notice how high the rpm's went, all happened so fast - it slipped into 3rd, realised what i did wrong then pulled over straight away.
By ChicagoMike
#5291 Damn, that blows! I've definately been there though! My personal oppinion is that there is some damage in the head. Dont just start ripping apart your motor, make sure you have all the lil things ready to go. New headgasket, cam seals, valve cover gasket, spark plug o-ring gaskets, Hondabond, and MOST importantly.....torque wrench.
By vtec_gloucester
#5292 already ordered everything :D

full head hasket set
16 valves but told them im prob only gunna have 8 of them
also ordered piston and rings just incase but once again i told them i might not need them

so you reckon im gunna have to send the head off for some machine work then? thats my worst nightmare at the moment. :(
By ChicagoMike
#5300 I doubt it, I think that some bent valves will be the worst of it.
By vtec_gloucester
#5303 "praise the car gods mannn"

quote from fast and furious :lol:

thats made my dad - ive been worry'n about parting with head for over week while its in the shop getting machined... all goes well then should be back up and running over the weekend :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
By vtec_gloucester
#5305 off topic, but how cool do all those little dudes look ^^^ lmao :lol:
By LaMbErT*
#5333 lol agreed about the dudes and n1 i hope all goes well for you![/quote]