N/A build discussion
By 93hatcheg
#76816 Hey I'm building my B16a jdm motor and was curios what you think would be the best parts to build a naturally aspirated motor. Also is 180 torque and 250 horse power an unrealistic goal?? Right now the motor is freshly rebuilt all stock witn gsr cams. Let me know what you think!
By ChicagoMike
#76817 To make that kinda power on that motor you'd have to bore the block out to about 86mm, get one of the best port jobs on the head, run somewhere around 13:5:1 compression, and have a nice set of cams and valvetrain. Basically you'd have to build the entire motor inside and out. Not to mention a good EMS, and race gas.
By Greasedmonkey
#76885 B16a doesnt have the stroke to make that much torque.
By 93hatcheg
#76888 ok yea that sounds like a lil more money and work than i wanna do. Do you think the power gains are worth the cost if i was to buy higher comp pistons, cams, intake mani,TB, fuel rail, injectors, valves,v springs, retainers? al;so what kinda power do you think this combo would produce??
By Greasedmonkey
#76921 you wont need the fuel rail.

With the right stuff you can get 170- 200hp.
By suspendedHatch
#76983 Where did you get those numbers? They sound almost like domestic numbers. You don't need that much torque in a Honda. Your build will haul ass. Don't skimp on the engine management and tuning!
By 93hatcheg
#77003 ok cool sounds good im gonna start workin on the biuld then :woot: :thumb: