N/A build discussion
By Kris95DX
#73564 Im currently building a swap, an LS B18a1, so when i take out the D15B7 Ill have an extra set of rods ( from the B18) and I checked on this compression calculator http://www.zealautowerks.com/ using B18 rods (137mm) and D15 pistons it came out to 12.7:1 or with the D16A6 pistons it was 10.5 : 1. Just curious if anyone has done this or know if its possible, and if so what might the power be? thanks
By Greasedmonkey
#73574 Are you builing a B series or a D series?

If your are building that LS B18a1 you cant use those pistons.
By Kris95DX
#73745 im building an LSB18, those pistons and rods are gonna be forged leaving me with the stock rods / pistons from the LS to fit into the removed D15B7. im just looking to see if anyone has ever tried or knows if it will. again i checked this out on Zealworks compression calculator and im not sure how accurate it is but it was saying using the LS rods (137mm) in the D15 engine with D16A6 pistons and a 2 layer gasket ended up with an 11.2:1 CR and there were other combinations that would yeild higher and lower numbers...
By Greasedmonkey
#73749 You have to modify the LS rods to fit in the D. P29 or GX pistons will give you the highest compression numbers of all the pistons.
By Kris95DX
#73771 thanks man, it was just something i was wondering in case i wanted to do a little tuning with parts i already have appreciate it
By Greasedmonkey
#73776 It has been done, but for the effort involved, I dont think making teh B rods fit is worth it.