N/A build discussion
By DeW HoE
#71106 hey all,

i have some sounds coming from the motor whenever i accelerate from 3k all the way to redline...it happens only in 1st, 2nd, 3rd gears....kinda like an electrical sound...it sounds like theres somethin metal in the motor flying around inside...anyone know whats goin on?..i kno this sounds confusing.....but i hope u guys understand what im trying to say...
By asianrob
#71109 what do you mean ? is it like whining? or like tapping? or banging? or knocking?
By DeW HoE
#71123 kinda hard to explain.....kinda like electrical zaps....similar to tapping maybe???... :?
By DeW HoE
#71127 yes....soemthing liek that....but i think somethins off but not 100% sure..jus metal or particles buzzing in the motor
By DeW HoE
teal_dx wrote:do you have any other signs that are bad? check engine light, smoke, car running poor?

thanks for your help bro...no, car runs perfectly fine but idles rough when i start it up at night but i can jus clean the tb and iacv, and seafoam it...any other symptons u think this could be lead to?....i need to take my oil pan out on my next oil change....i "think" the previous owner turbo'd the car cuz i see a vacuum line being tee'd off...could that be the culprit?
By suspendedHatch
#71200 Possibly an exhaust heat shield ie the cat converter's upper shield. Jack up the car and have someone rev it in neutral. Or take it to an exhaust shop.
By King-K
#83298 Just make sure its not a rod knock before you keep driving and get stranded somewhere with a hole on your block.
By RevinEK
#90229 ya man, my last motor made a similair sound, which developed into a knock, which ended in a hole in block :D but id look around for anything loose or rubbing and such.
By colpitts
RevinEK wrote:ya man, my last motor made a similair sound, which developed into a knock, which ended in a hole in block :D but id look around for anything loose or rubbing and such.

that hole in the block wouldn't have anything to do with your nickname .. at all?

"Revin hears a slight rod knock and shoves two pedals to the floor, bet you can't guess which 2"

HAHA
By Josiah
#95349 u have a bird stuck in your intake dude!
By DeW HoE
#95389 lols...i wish! that'll be an easy fix...ill tell big bird to get on back to sesame street....ROFL!
By shanX
#104287 lol maybe you're hitting vtec :weee:
By realmendriveteal
#104702 you need to figure out if it's upper end noise, lower end noise or external? I would keep under 3000rpm .....hahaha