N/A build discussion
By Jsa-SIR2
#3842 if i was to get new pullys would i need to remap my ecu?

thinkin of geting buddy club ones.

or if anyone elce using diffrent ones, they would recomend to me?

By ChicagoMike
#3843 Just get the CTR N1 crank pulley. Me personally, I dont think the other pulleys do a whole lot.

The only down side to that pulley is you'll loose your AC.
By Jsa-SIR2
#3847 oo... rite, forgot about the ac! :-?
By ChicagoMike
#3848 Is that something you wanted to keep??
By Jsa-SIR2
#3852 i think i would when it starts getting hot, how much bhp do you gain if you remove it? is it worth it?
By ChicagoMike
#3853 It'll free up only a few HP's. The nice thing is you wrap through your gears faster.
By Jsa-SIR2
#3857 is it easy to take out? mite take it out and see how it feels 8)
By teal_dx
#3865 AC is a lot to take out... but a lot harder to put back in :wink:
The belt itself is easy to remove.
as far as the ECU, just unhook your neg. battery cable while you install the pulley. that will reset it.
Last edited by teal_dx on Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ChicagoMike
#3867 Yeah the AC can be a bitch! I said the hell with it and just ripped mine out. It gets a lil rough when it gets over 100 degrees, but I deal with it.
By ChicagoMike
#3873 Oh, we did weight it at one point.
I want to say it was @ 21 pounds. I'm not 100% sure though.
By Jsa-SIR2
#3879 cool thanks, ill give it a go. :D
By 1993 Civic Si
#20846 Been looking for a lighter crank pulley myself. All the ones I've seen delete the power steering as well as the AC.

Does anyone know of a crank pulley that at least keeps the PS? Or both?

10 lbs. to less than 2 lbs. is a pretty significant (+80%) reduction in rotational mass. I would imagine this would be a pretty darned good performance increase for less than $100. :hehe:
By teal_dx
#20848 I have an aluminum pulley for SOHC that has all 3 ribs for Alt, AC, and PS.

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=619

They say the Type-R Pulley is the best since it retains the built in OEM harmonic balancer
By asianrob
#20869 unorthodox and AEM has pully sets for your AC/ PS/ and i think Professional products (those peeps that make the Throttle bodys and AEBS intake manifolds) they have a Crank pully for a fair price that makes power and saves a bit of cash