N/A build discussion
By MIKES92EG
#65738 guys i have a problem and i can't figure it out. it's a rebuilt ls/v-tec with 3300 miles.my car pours out white smoke,even at idle. some people told me it was my rings i checked my compression it's 240 on all cyl. any suggestions?
By SOHCivegra
#65752 could possibly be a head gasket
By Greasedmonkey
#65763 i believe white smoke is caused by coolant getting into the cylinders.
By SOHCivegra
Greasedmonkey wrote:i believe white smoke is caused by coolant getting into the cylinders.

true, if you head gasket is on the way to the shi**er then coolant can gain access into the cylinders
By Benj
#65777 yah that would be a headgastket, but you also said its rebuilt, could be a crack in the block or even the head, i had a a6 mini me and itwas a new gasket torqued to spec and it was poring out white smoke, took the valve cover ff cuz at first i paniced thinking it was a head bolt but they were all to spec,so we tried a diff head, and we went and got a new head gasket compared them the one we used was stil brand new so we used it again, cuz it was only in there for like 20 mins, so we put it all back together fired it up no smoke, so then we took it to this head guy where i used to live and he looked at it after we told him what was happening and he tested it and told us it was cracked on #3, so you never know, lets hope for you its just a head gasket.
By MIKES92EG
#65895 AND IT ALWAYS FOULS OUT MY PLUGS. IF I PULL A PLUG IT LOOKS LIKE THIS Image

im gonna try changing the headgasket this weekend and see what happens. thanx guys :)
By a_CoUpE
#65909 yeah thats prolly a head gasket.
By ohDirka
#65966 Head gasket wowuld also be my guess. I've blown some head gaskets in my day and judging from the way you describe it, it sounds like the gasket.
By sdots
#66179 change it and best of luck :) do a sniff test on your coolant too see if any CO2 is leaking into the system and also check your oil. Usually if the headgasket is gone, off the top of my head, your oil will turn into a sort of chocolaty colour. :)