N/A build discussion
By Tommo87
#64822 Here's the plan, i'm eventually aiming at a built k22 on ITBs. The problem is that aint gonna be for atleast 2 years so in the meantime i wanna build up my b16a. I'm already at 192bhp wi 120lb/ft but just want some more fun.The number i'm looking at for the b16a is about 220-240bhp.
I already have a rough idea what i'll be needing just wondering if anyone has any opinions on which brands to buy/not waste money on.

The motor already has:
Panel filter
5zigen full exhaust (2.5") with high flow cat
5zigen Border 304speed backbox
Cusco coilovers
Uprated discs and pads
Uprated ECU
No interior other than 2 Buddyclub race seats,front carpet and door cards and dash.
Buddyclub short shift
Y21 gearbox

So at a guess i'll be needing:
Cams
Valves
Springs
Retainers
Valve caps
Electrical condenser
Intake manifold
Fuel rail
Port and Polish
New ECU/ECU map
S80 gearbox(Honda DC2 Integra Type-R)
By Greasedmonkey
#64823 bore and stroke will be your friend.

84-85 x 89mm

Head work and some nice cams.

You can stick with your y21 tranny and just add a LSD to it. that should be fine.
By Tommo87
#64831 Don't really wanna be overstepping the 1.6L mark,the whole idea is to keep it a 1.6L and see what power i can get from that capacity and plus the look on peoples faces even now when they find out it's a 1.6 is usually a classic.
The Y21 already has an LSD so should i uprate?
By Greasedmonkey
#64836 ok then. Lets see.

Port and Polish
Skunk2 stage2 pro
Skunk2 valvesprings and retainers
Flat valves
Skunk2 Cam hears
Skunk2 IM
Skunk2 TB
310 cc injectors
190-255 lph fuel pump

PCT (CTR) pistons
MUGEN/SPOON/Buddy club HG

Hy-tech Tri Y header or other good header.

You can replace all the skunk2 with equal stuff, Its just easier to list that.
By Tommo87
#64877 I'd thought about Skunk2,Spoon or Buddyclub for the cams/springs/valves/retainers/caps,just wondering which would be better,what are peoples opinions?
For th inlet manifold there's no point getting a Skunk2 as they are an exact replica of the ITR B18c inlet,but might get a victor x instead.
Will i need new pistons as it is a jdm engine and has better internals anyhow?
By Tommo87
#64909 Just been to a local tuners and sorted out my setup,looks like i'll be going for a full skunk2 setup with a Buddyclub racing spec condenser, but i need to do more research into cams. It'll all be linked together with a Hondata S300.
By Greasedmonkey
#64925 you wil get more compression with the CTR pistons. They have a bigger dome.

Skunk2 stage 2 pro series are great cams. I have some Toda Spec Bs.

Going with skunk2 for everything is a great idea. That way it all works well together.