N/A build discussion
By fresh eh2*
#2725 im thinking of buying the skunk2 manifold i have herd good things about them. i have herd they give good hp gains, but i also see alot of ppl getting the victor X manifold. before i buy i wanna see what you guys have to say.
By ChicagoMike
#2727 You're rockin an LS swap if I remember correctly?? If you're looking for a few more HP's, why not put a VTEC head on it?? You'll get way more power from doing that rather than a intake mani, and shit, they almost cost the same. B16 heads can be found complete for @$300. Then worry about the mani.
By fresh eh2*
#2734 true, how much does the LS/VTEC kit and b16 or gsr head and everything that i need go for? or a better way to explain it how much will the whole head swap everything included go for?
By ChicagoMike
#2735 I'm pretty sure the job can be done for under $500. I'm just looking at it this way.......

Intake mani @ $300 installed (my figures might be high) maybe 5-7 horsepower.

LS VTEC setup @ $500, should be good for 20-30 horsepower.

Save up and do it right, the gains are way more worth it.
By fresh eh2*
#2736 i think i maybe be looking for a vtec head in a few months :D , thanks for the advice man i appriciate it, so all u need is a vtec head, water pump timming belt and the ls vtec kit they sell online i think its like 250? correct me if im wrong
By fresh eh2*
#2738 ok kool im planing to get some new wheels in about a month so after i get that im gonna start the build for lsvtec, thanks alot i really appriciate it
By ChicagoMike
#2739 No problem, I just hate spending money on parts that dont produce good gains. Are you rocking a LS trans also??
By ChicagoMike
#2744 Think about going with a B16 somewhere down the road, the gears arent as long as the LS. You'll bang through your gears a lot faster. It'll be lots of fun with the VTEC head.
By fresh eh2*
#2745 ok kool, ill prolly get one sometime next winter, this spring im gettin group n wheels, summer time lsvtec set up then come winter time ill get a gsr or b16 tranny
By ChicagoMike
#2746 You're definately on the path to good numbers and fun behind the wheel. Just take your time, dont rush your build (I've learned that the hard way) and you'll be much happier with the finished product. If you ever have any questions, definately feel free to ask!
By Split_second
#36293 i agree, go for ls vtech... and tranny wise 2. b16 tranny is the way 2go. i had the same ls tranny on before it was wack i felt the potentiasl of my gsr with the b16 tranny. only thing sucks bot b16 ttranyy is the 5th gear freaking im goin 60 n its on 4 thousand already, but manifold wise i say get the vtech head then go for the manifold, i hear alot of good things about skunk 2 but the victor x is the shiznit
By asianrob
#36295 what are you wanting to do? Boost or NA ?

B16 head and B20 bottom end NA setup best manifold is the JG edelbrock

B16 head and B18 bottom end NA setup best manifold is the AEBS (150 bucks)

JG is too big for just the stock Motor too much air too much flow

port match the head bigger cams, valve springs and retainers, for better numbers