N/A build discussion
By stefan
ChicagoMike wrote:I'm pretty sure the job can be done for under $500. I'm just looking at it this way.......

Intake mani @ $300 installed (my figures might be high) maybe 5-7 horsepower.

LS VTEC setup @ $500, should be good for 20-30 horsepower.

Save up and do it right, the gains are way more worth it.

Don't forget to mention that an intake manifold doesn't just add horsepower, it changes when and how much hp/torque is gained (or lost) in a certain rpm-area.

Also, you can make 160hp from a stock B16A2, but a 170HP B16A2 will feel about twice as fast when it's responding to the throttle much better... usually the case with a new i/m and bigger t/b.

What I'm trying to say; don't just go for as much hp as possible, but take a look at whén and HOW that power is released.
A good balanced 180hp B16 will easily outrun a crappy put together 200hp B16 on the circuit.

Prob. why brands like Spoon are so popular, even though their engines don't produce the highest power output :)

Just my 2cts.

Split_second wrote:i agree, go for ls vtech... and tranny wise 2. b16 tranny is the way 2go. i had the same ls tranny on before it was wack i felt the potentiasl of my gsr with the b16 tranny. only thing sucks bot b16 ttranyy is the 5th gear freaking im goin 60 n its on 4 thousand already, but manifold wise i say get the vtech head then go for the manifold, i hear alot of good things about skunk 2 but the victor x is the shiznit

wtf is vtech? :P
By asianrob
#38782 [/quote]

wtf is vtech? :P[/quote]

its a phone
By stefan
#38788 LOL! :thumb:
By Greasedmonkey
#38798 yea, and those phones suck!!
By stefan
#38899 Maybe they need a Turboboost function :lol:

Sorry for the offtopic guys ;)
By Eli'sEG94
#58251 Hey anyone here have heard good things from the Performer X From Edelbrock? over at Superhonda.com I forget who it was but his Teggy had full work N/A and he said by far that was the best one he'd found, I know it may give certain differences between each application, but so far from the comments and research that I've done it looks good. I'm personally getting it for my LS/VTEC Setup once I get the exhaust done this weekend.