N/A build discussion
By -EJ1- COUPE
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:
hatchiespank wrote:i have a d15z1. i was wondering on how i can make my v-tec pop harder for more power. i am just now sure on how i can do this. can any one help?

I'm not trying to be an ass, but, If you want a good VTEC crossover....get a B series.

dont listen to him get an H series :lol:
By Hereg6
hatchiespank wrote:i have a d15z1. i was wondering on how i can make my v-tec pop harder for more power. i am just now sure on how i can do this. can any one help?

Why don't you just get a cam
By dogfight
Hereg6 wrote:

Why don't you just get a cam

:thumb:
By JDM michael
#20206 great lil write up there,

ITS VTEC NOT V-TEC :x
By bietelboer
teal_dx wrote:yup, thats the main reason they sound meaner when they crosss over.

SOHC you gotta listen for it.

B-series are loud indeed but, have you ever listend to d15 with a vtec head? man thats awesome! no b-series can beat that 8)
By weaponr82
H22+LSD-EJ2 wrote:
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:

I'm not trying to be an ass, but, If you want a good VTEC crossover....get a B series.

dont listen to him get an H series :lol:

Sweeeet. :thumb: I got 197 to the wheels on my H by screwing with the fuel and vtec. Basic crome chip and tune with a totally stock engine. Oh and whoever said the b16 has loud crossover has never heard a fully trumpeting H. I took a kid for a ride the other night and he never wanted to get back in the car! I looked at his face when it kicked in and just laughed at him...maybe its because im crazy that he didnt wanna get back in?
By weaponr82
#21836 Hey wait is 197 for an H good? I just saw people on HT talking all sorts of crap about hp numbers....oh wait its HT, my bad. Everyone there has stuff better and faster than you. Sorry Im spaming. Long day
By jer
hatchiespank wrote:so your saying that the popingof the v-tec isn't that loud on a sohc? so what if i get a p28? could i do it that way? one more thing. wht do you think about APC parts?

Theres a reason why APC went bankrupt..enough said. If you REALLY want a loud crossover, SOHC or DOHC upgrade to a more aggressive cam. Ive found from driving si's, SIR's and gsr's that the B series definitely have a louder crossover especially with a short ram on there.
By suspendedHatch
#28865 The D15Z1 doesn't have any aftermarket cams available. Any modification to the VX throws the ECU way off and the car will buck madly. Even just I/H/E. So you will have to do something for engine management first.

The reason for this is because Honda tuned the ECU to run the VX lean at the bleeding edge. A few 10ths of a point leaner and the fuel doesn't ignite. When I experienced this (caused by a small vacuum leak) it felt as though I was stomping and dropping the clutch repeatedly. But when I gave it heavy throttle it ran okay.

Best solution with a VX is either to swap motor/tranny/ECU, or get a standalone.

I'm replacing my VX engine with an OBD2 JDM D15B. This motor has both VTEC-E and VTEC. I'm running it with an AEM EMS. This way I'm staying true to the VX VTEC-E, retaining the 45+mpg, and getting ~130hp too.
By bietelboer
#28878 If you want a loud SOHC vtec, Take a D16z6 and put a Skunk2 stage 1 cam in it...and enjoy :woot:

I did it last weekend, and man that sound is awesome!! :D
By BurqueB16
#33442 i could have been told wrong but i was told that the sohc vtec cam is on the exhaust side thats why they are good for boost? :?
By bietelboer
#33445 A Sohc vtec engine has vtec on the intake side, a B-serie's has vtec on the intake and exhoust cam that is why they are so loud and the reason why you can feel the vtec comming in 8)