N/A build discussion
By biretsu89
#58682 Hey.. I just bought a stock intake housing and airbox for my d16z6. I was planning on getting either an Injen intake or Aem intake for street legal issues and smogging...(trying to keep my car legal and smog legal).. There is one thing though.. I dont want to spend over 200 bucks for an intake... Now... my question is... K&N makes an air filter for the stock oem airbox... Will this still be decent... or crap... should I just invest in the intake.. or what? Will the K&N filter make the Oem airbox better than before or what?
By suspendedHatch
#58698 If you're going to keep the stock intake then the K&N drop in is the premium filter, but you're not going to notice any difference.
By biretsu89
#58721 Yeaaaahhh.. I thought so... Now I feel like an idiot for making this topic -_- ... heh .. Thanks for the help though :thumb:
By Classiccarsrule85
#58804 I bought the same thing for my old 91 volvo 940se turbo and i didnt see a difference till i took a drill to the bottom of the airbox and made swiss cheese out of it....though mainly the drop in filters such as k&n are used for the fact that all you have to do is clean and maintain them.

My suggestion would be to invest in the Aem dryflow cold air intake kit. heard pretty good things about it
By biretsu89
#58857 Hey thanks! I never thought about just adding the filter :hehe: and its smog exempt. I will try out this method I think