N/A build discussion
By Lewis_Lsi
#53300 ok so i just want to find out what would be the best way to get the most out of my engine. im thinking i would need a mini swap. so a D16z6 head, as my d15b2 dont have vtec.
ideas? sohc isnt definately what i want but im just gathering ideas atm.

please only people with knowledge of sohc. i dont want people telling me i shud go B series. like i said im just gathering knowledge.

thanks in advance

Lewis
By chrono404
#53311 I have a D16z6, lightly modded, Its plenty fun. It will toss you back in your seat just fine. :lol: If you do a Minime, It will have much more pep then Before. However with your old longer geared transmission it will probably pull you out of Vtec.

If you really want power, It would be best to go Turbo. You can part a junkyard kit together for the cheap. homemadeturbo.com and turbod16.com has many awesome articles on how to set up home made turbos.

If you want to Stay N/A then do the Minime, While you are at it, clean out your vtec solenoid, Get a Better cam and then the Basic I/H/E. It will be good fun, however if you run up against a Boosted D15/16, You will most likely loose.
By biretsu89
#53353 I don't know if your on a tight budget, but maybe you could just make the compression a little higher by getting a thinner head gasket or new pistons for the Sohc, and thats after you do the mini me swap. Also, like chrono404 said, a good set up with intake, headers, and exhaust wouldnt hurt and isnt THAT expensive. Who needs exhaust though... just straight pipe it all the way :thumb: .. im kidding... In the end though, if you are willing to go with a mini me swap, I would go do a full d16z6 swap.
By CivicTypeR
biretsu89 wrote: Who needs exhaust though... just straight pipe it all the way :thumb:

MOT UK law is shit. I/H/E would be fine. If you're planning on keeping the D series, save up and boost it.
By Lewis_Lsi
#53413 what head could i swap just to give me vtec??
also. my d15b2 doesnt have a fuel line were as say a d16z6 would. what does that mean? is it just coz i havent got vtec?
By KRYSTED9354
#53948 go with d16Z56 head and gasket aluminum ! port the head and IM and u will be fine :thumb: