N/A build discussion
By baconsauce
#348387 All right about time!

I have been in Honda game since high school and always research about it even I didn't have a car til college.

Anyway, I am doing LSV set up and I am taking my sweet ass time researching and collect the info through internet.

So I plan to put PR3 pistons in my B18B1 on shotpeen LS rods along putting the arp rod bolt. I will balance my crankshaft and polish that bad boy.
5000ish miles on Stage 2 exedy clutch for 100 buck from friend of mine. GSR oil and water pump will be in this build. OEM timing belt. ARP head stud will be on the list too.

Of course, a good tune would be necessary!

About the head, I plan to put my B16A1 head on it. I have a stock B16 intake manifold and thinking about buy long runner Edelbrock with throttle body (62mm?). ADJ cam gears. I also have GSR camshaft to put it in my B16 head. A good exhaust header will be in there, possible replicated hytech header. I would like to have a good power band from this engine.

So my question is, do you thinks if I buy and put type r intake valve, spring, and retainer would do any good in case if I makes power past 8k - close to reliability? aftermarket parts would makes it better?

this link seems legit

http://www.clubsi.com/ubbthreads.php/ub ... mber/32509

Not looking for fast car, looking to be fast driver on track. :twisted:

Thanks.

P.S. there are some of parts I do NOT want to add.

*edited

PR3 yield at 10.2:1 cr
By baconsauce
#348395 nothing???? hmmmmm

forgot to say, there are some of parts I don't want to mention in the list because it is secret :P
By mADmAN
#348602 ur target hp is on wheels?

personally i feel that a 1.8L with GSR cams may be a lil tough to reach that target....but the longer stroke will help with the torque though

perhaps go with higher aftermarket cams if thats what ur targetting in regards to hp.

i have a friend who had a stock bottom b20b.. with b16a head, intake manifold, throttle body but with b16b cams.. made 211 whp on the dynojet tuned with VAFC....dont really know whats done to the block... as the mechanic was a lil secretive about it... even the owner doesnt know....but it was with all stock internals.
By baconsauce
#348604 I would consider trying to get it to 185ish on the wheel.

I believe that you are right about camshaft would support this goal. At least GSR cams are mostly rather than B16 cams. I would like to upgrade the camshaft after get it running/break in period. possible consider shop for Crower stage 1 or 2 or other brand depends on how deep valves drop. I would have gone for b20 block but it has thin sleeve and I didn't want to bother it at 8k rpm all day long.

Must be a good tuner to tune those set up on friends of your.

longer stroke is reason why I went for LSV :D