N/A build discussion
By Loaf31
#345874 I've always had good experiences with K&N filters. They're pretty cheap and are the best quality in my opinion. My brother and I both use K&N filters on our cars and have had no complaints! :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#345880 plus K&N has a 1,000,000 mile waranty and they are washable. the recharge kits can be a little expensive so i was mine with purple power then oil them real lightly with the K&N oil
By jedrick
#345916 Ty guys after everything I have read I'm gonna go with cheap tubing and a quality air filter
By suspendedHatch
#345917 AEM dry filters are the best.

K&N filters leave some nasty sticky black coating on the inside of your entire intake tract over the course of a few years.
By TrailerTrash
#345933 thats why i never run them right out of the box without cleaning them first then goin real light on the oil.

im not objecting to AEM being better but as far as I know AEM doesnt make drop in filters for stock intakes
By mADmAN
#345939 the brand on mine is "UTR"

theyre a direct copy of the Blitz SUS Stainless steel filters...love this... so easy to clean!! no need oiling and what not...i pair my filter with a BPI Velocity Stack

I also had HKS SPF....this has better sound... but hated the fact that u have to buy the filter element and replace it after a certain mileage... and if u dont, the filter element gets hard and prolonged use it will disintegrate and will probably get sucked up into ur engine... like what happened to 2 of my friends.
By Axix23
#347661 vibrant is good. :thumb:
By teal_dx
#347662 I've always used K&N but as mentioned, you have to watch you don't over-oil them. I've read stories of MAF & Map sensors getting messed up after people douse the filter with too much oil.