N/A build discussion
By Greasedmonkey
#37795 They will fit, but you will have to modify teh LS rods to fit the pistons. I believe they need to be milled down 1mm on each side to fit the piston.
By ChicagoMike
#37796 Yes they'll fit, but you're gonna have crazy high compression, plus you have to do some work to the LS rods to get them to work.

What kind of gas do you plan on using, also what are you gonna be using to tune with??
By ChicagoMike
#37798 You could just use B16 pistons if you're gonna do a basic build. No rod modification, and you'd be fine on pump gas.
By Greasedmonkey
#37800 with the US ITR you get a 11.2:1 CR And with the JDM ITR pistons you get arround a 11.7:1.

With teh PR3s from a US b16a you get 11.37:1 and with the P30s from the JDM b16a you get a 11.6:1.

All of those are pump gas friendly.
By JDM FERIO MAN
#37801 will I need to do work to the LS head 4 that much compression I got Eagle rods 2 and tha y are for a type R :thumb:
By Greasedmonkey
#37802 Those Eagle rods for the Type R are a no go. Dont use them. They are too long. the stroke from a GSR/ITR is different than a LS or B18b
By JDM FERIO MAN
#37807 what ones do I get? B16 or what I dont want to mill the rods
By Greasedmonkey
#37823 then you get either the JDM or USDM B16a pistons. And you use your stock rods.
By JDM FERIO MAN
#37830 but the stock rods are no good so do I get Eagle rods for a b18b would that be good
By Greasedmonkey
#37908 rods for the B18b would work.
By JDM FERIO MAN
#38545 will GSR rods be good?????????????????????????????
By Greasedmonkey
#38643 NO. They are the same as ITR rods.
By stefan
JDM FERIO MAN wrote:will GSR rods be good?????????????????????????????

Greasedmonkey wrote:Those Eagle rods for the Type R are a no go. Dont use them. They are too long. the stroke from a GSR/ITR is different than a LS or B18b

If you ask a question, please read the given answers ;)