N/A build discussion
By stew19149
#328772 I have a 92 civic dx that i just swapped in a 95 integra B18B non-vtec. The swap went great and everything matched up except for one thing, the intake.

The intake filter box from integra will not bolt on to chasis of civic, so stuck with the civic filter box. The civic intake hose is too small in diameter for integra intake manifold. So i ended up using the integra hose which is too big to connect snug to the civic filter box.

Heres the problem, because of the opening between the two, it has resulted in a loud noise from the intake when driving. One other thing, I knew going in that my gas mileage would drop a bit on account of the bigger motor but it seems worse than I expected. Im wondering if the intake issue would have anything to do with that.

Obviously, I know the simplest solution is to just buy an aftermarket cold air intake. If that is the only option does anyone know of a decent system in the hundred dollar range that would fit this set-up? Im trying to avoid spending 3 hundred for an AEM intake, but Im leary of the forty dollar intakes on ebay.

I thought of using a large hose clamp but the intake hosing doesnt have the flexibility of the cooling system hosing.

Any answers or ideas are greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind I did this swap out of neccesity not in the pursuit of performance gains, althought i wont lie the hp gain is a nice bonus.

Thank you in advance for any responses.