N/A build discussion
By Whodini187
#325366 Whats going on everyone. I have a z6 with 140k and burnt a valve so I put blox high compression valves (bump cr 0.3 pts), had the head milled 0.005" stock thickness head gasket (so Im guessing the cr is about 9.7/9.8:1)supertech valve stem seals arp head studs I port matched the stock throttle body and the stock intake, all new gaskets. I have a short ram and a full 2 1/2" exhaust. I have about 3000 miles on it since I rebuilt the head. It seems like Ive lost throttle response on the lower end and it seems as if the engine is struggling to rev till about 4500 rpm then it wakes up and starts pulling hard. Do you guys think that is too much for the stock computer to handle? Any suggestions or ideals would be awesome. Thanks everyone.
By bks84
#325476 I think it needs tuned.
By Whodini187
#325537 Thats what Ive been thinking I just cant believe that The stock computer cant handle that. So then Ive been thinkin Hondata s300. Anyone have any experience or advice with them?
By bks84
#325539 S300 may be over kill for your setup. You might be fine on s100 instead.
By TrailerTrash
#325542 did you time it properly?
By Whodini187
#325617 If Im gonna go with an aftermarket ecu itll def be the s300. Which is the only reasonable way I can see to go since itll cover what Ive done and any future plans can be handled then from a tuning aspect. I am about 98.5% that its in time I dont think it would stayed together for over 3k with me revving it up frequently like I do lol. I have a gun its just the hardest thing without proper lighting to see that stupid little triangle throught the pointer on the timing belt cover and try and see where the marks are lol. The distributor is in the Exact same location so I def think I need a programmable ecu. I dont have anyone I go to Im my own mechanic, so untill I get that ecu I dont think theirs much I can do lol.
By Whodini187
#325649 So my next question is what all do I need and have to do to install the s300? My 92 is a si so I have the p28. Socketing, so on not gonna lie. I have no clue, have two friends that can do all the sodering and install the chip and anything else. I myself though have no clue on what all I need and what needs done. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone
By bks84
#325655 Setting up s300 is a lil more involved than "sodering"...

Go on hondatas website and do some reading.
By Whodini187
#325658 Alright I just read everything they have on the s300 lol. My buddies can handle installing the S300 unit no problem. The one is the computer professor at penn tech he better be able to lol. I def though will be going to someone with a dyno to start out till I can get some experience. So now its time so save money. Thanks everyone for all your input and advice, I greatly appreciate it. With my current setup and getting a s300. Anyone have any ideas on or suggestions what to do next performance wise? Im buying/building a b18c so Im not trying to get crazy with my z6 but with what Ive done so far has def. Made it a lot more enjoyable to drive. I was thinking a mild cam and valvesprings? Any thoughts?