N/A build discussion
By FG2_Andrew
JUICE wrote:
EH2_andy wrote:if you want power, you might as well not waste your time and just boost it.. or swap it.. or sell it and buy another v8. no matter what anyone says, Hondas aren't fast vehicles.

go for a ride in a 850whp hatch, then holler back..

in regards to a daily. most people act like their gsr swapped Hondas are the fastest thing on the planet. no duh an 850 hatch is fast.. but after EXTENSIVE modifications.
By 92civicEGsedan
teal_dx wrote:Ok... everyone not discussing Velocity stacks, please get back on topic or stop posting in the thread. This ain't the Junk Yard :fucker:

Thanks - MGMT

X2
By mADmAN
#320125 my current 3" BPI stack setup.... why? because daily :D

thats a UTR Stainless Steel mesh filter.. similar to the Blitz SUS (actually more like a copy)

anyway... i saw some video on youtube of an SR20DET a long while ago dyno testing the BPI stack... seems that it made even more power with the recommended K&N filter than just running it naked.

unfortunately, we forgot to test it filtered vs naked after i got my car tuned.
By rtegra92
#321218 ill put in 2 cents, in response to original question, If you have a engine that can suck some airflow, the v stack could help,
what i have done in the past is tap into my map sensor, at wot through the power band i look for less than .5 in of vacuum.

if you are already at this or better, a v stack wont really help because the air stream is already unrestricted at that engines airflow needs at high load

if you are over .5 in vacuum and want to improve you could experiment with a v stack , BUT the restriction might not actually be the filter but throttle body or ducting
By 92civicEGsedan
rtegra92 wrote:ill put in 2 cents, in response to original question, If you have a engine that can suck some airflow, the v stack could help,
what i have done in the past is tap into my map sensor, at wot through the power band i look for less than .5 in of vacuum.

if you are already at this or better, a v stack wont really help because the air stream is already unrestricted at that engines airflow needs at high load

if you are over .5 in vacuum and want to improve you could experiment with a v stack , BUT the restriction might not actually be the filter but throttle body or ducting

I'm not even sure if ima put it my car
By 92civicEGsedan
#321221 Well sometime maybe next week I'll be able to make it. The CNC program I had to write for it was a little bit over 4 pages long just for the part and I typed it all in the controller, fixed all the bugs tonight and watched it run the part on the screen and it worked great! But I found out last week I'll have to write another program to bore out some jaws for the machine to fit the 4 1/2" diameter piece of aluminum since none of the jaws are big enough for it. :thumbdown: if I can remember I'll take some pics of everything I've done so far and I get my friend to take a video of the part being made. And as of right now I'm just making it for my class project since its basically my final exam grade in that class.
By TrailerTrash
#321257 in for some pics and video :thumb:
By 92civicEGsedan
#321260 The program

My drawings I have to have when I turn all the papers in
By 92civicEGsedan
#322146 Well tomorrow is my last day of this class for the semester so I get to make the part tomorrow so more pics tomorrow night :thumb: would have done it Tuesday but I decided to let the others go since I'm making the biggest part it will take the most time to make everyone else's part was between 1/2"-2" Long and 1" outer diameter max and my part is 3 1/2" long and 4 1/2" outer diameter I figured I'd be more likely to fuck the machine up and take the most time :thumbdown:
By bigpunn421
#326617 if i had to make a v stack i would use a piece of metal tube and put it on a lathe. then work the v stack shape like making a bowl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHvtieU4-7Y

also for a daily/track car i always wanted a exhaust cutout on my intake. one side a nice stock intake on the other just a push of a button away a v stack no filter..... dreaming for right now
By snaggletooth
#329097 what kind of machine you turning that thing on? I work as a cnc programmer. its always exciting to talk to another machinist.
By 92civicEGsedan
snaggletooth wrote:what kind of machine you turning that thing on? I work as a cnc programmer. its always exciting to talk to another machinist.

We have a small haas CNC lathe I'm not sure of the model but its small and old and the piece of aluminum I had was to big so we was gonna have to cut jaws to use it and we never got to do it so I was gonna try and use a manual lathe in class but they are small to and I tried to flip the jaws around but I don't like holding on to a part that is 4 inches long by 1/4-1/2 inch and spinning it at high speeds to cut it so I never really got around to it but we do have a big lathe I could make it on but I have no idea how to use it :thumbdown: but I have managed to make a shift knob for my car and my friend has been making pedals for his blazer so I think I'll make pedals for my car now since mine are starting to wear down

Here is my shift knob
By TOPIK3900
#329203 imo seeing as I think you said your cold air intake went down into the bumper.. I would probably make a bumper air duct that fit in the fog light hole.. I think that would be pretty sweet.. but then again its only my opinion

edit.. I guess I should have looked at the dates of these posts lol