N/A build discussion
By 92civicEGsedan
#319575 Are velocity stacks even worth spending money on? I'm just wondering cause I have to make something for my machining class and I chose to design and make one and if they don't really give any gains in hp or torque I wanna make something else for my car
By FG2_Andrew
#319585 I always thought they were bad news bears on a daily. The idea is to keep grit and grim out. Granted, you restrict more air with a filter.

So the question is, what's a few more horses worth to you?
By 92civicEGsedan
EH2_andy wrote:I always thought they were bad news bears on a daily. The idea is to keep grit and grim out. Granted, you restrict more air with a filter.

So the question is, what's a few more horses worth to you?

Might be my daily but I like power I went from driving a truck with a 350 every day to a car with 102 stock horses lol I miss the get up and go that the truck had even though it got 13 mpg :thumbdown: so yeah anything I can do to get a few more horses out of my car I want to do it
By FG2_Andrew
#319604 if you want power, you might as well not waste your time and just boost it.. or swap it.. or sell it and buy another v8. no matter what anyone says, Hondas aren't fast vehicles.

IMO risking all that road grim getting into my motor isn't worth the trouble. and you would only see gains from running it with cold air (from what i understand). i.e. through the headlight, under the bumper. otherwise, you're just sucking hot air.

i'd rather run a cone filter with secondary inlet myself.
By TrailerTrash
#319630 the high dollar aluminum ones are a waste if u ask me. u can get a composite one at pep boys for $20 bucks if u really want one

but it would be sweet to make one yourself i say go for it and sell it :thumb:
By 92civicEGsedan
EH2_andy wrote:if you want power, you might as well not waste your time and just boost it.. or swap it.. or sell it and buy another v8. no matter what anyone says, Hondas aren't fast vehicles.

IMO risking all that road grim getting into my motor isn't worth the trouble. and you would only see gains from running it with cold air (from what i understand). i.e. through the headlight, under the bumper. otherwise, you're just sucking hot air.

i'd rather run a cone filter with secondary inlet myself.

I already have a cold air intake I was just gonna slap it on there and go to town and have to many v8s as it is I just would rather want to build a 4 banger and if it fucks up my engine it would just give me a good reason to do a swap
By Uknterror
#319637 You can have one setup to have a mesh screen in between piping. My friend gained about 5wp and 2tq on his b20 with stage 2 crower cams, obviously super benifical to high output n/a cars even f/I. Probably feel it more on the butt dyno than anything on a norm motor.....
By FG2_Andrew
#319639 idk man. do what you want, but i think it's a waste to tear up a motor for no reason. that's like taking $200 and throwing it in a fire.

as stated, can be beneficial.. but it's not gonna give you much more than 5-10 hp. which isn't much on a 90 hp motor.
By 92civicEGsedan
#319652 If it was something else besides a b7 I would care but oh well
By Apexracing
#319659 Yea the warm bay air will kill the benifits any ways. In fact you would get more performance from a stock gutted air box than a cold air
By 92civicEGsedan
Apexracing wrote:Yea the warm bay air will kill the benifits any ways. In fact you would get more performance from a stock gutted air box than a cold air

But my cold air goes behind my bumper?
By Apexracing
#319680 Dont believe the hype bro. Unless your pipe is wrapped your still gettinf warmer air
By 92civicEGsedan
Apexracing wrote:Dont believe the hype bro. Unless your pipe is wrapped your still gettinf warmer air

You got a point I never thought of that
By Apexracing
#319778 keep your cold air and wrap your header or exhaust manifold. make sure you keep your splash tray under the front bumper. Run a lip on your front bumper. All of these will help you get cooler air.
By JUICE
EH2_andy wrote:if you want power, you might as well not waste your time and just boost it.. or swap it.. or sell it and buy another v8. no matter what anyone says, Hondas aren't fast vehicles.

go for a ride in a 850whp hatch, then holler back..