N/A build discussion
By motoxash
#309965 basicly the plans for my sedan were to boost it but after fussing around over how to go about and the power output i wanted for everyday driver didnt warent me spending that much money and not use it to its full so ive decided to stick NA now im looking at the obx throttle boddies on a d16z6 engine im a little confused bout the map sensor can anyone point me in the direction of were i find out about fitting this ?? or can i remove it cheers guys
By teal_dx
#309971 Here's a review I found in the OBX itb's for D series:
http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-foru ... y-56k.html
Looks like they are not just plug & play...

Also ITB's require some fine tuning and may not be the most reliable for daily driver.
By bigpunn421
#310037 you dont need the map sensor if you tune it.

and i wouldnt waste my money on that. if you went away from turbo which is one of the best dollar to hp mod you can do i wouldnt bother with the itb's

i would say after you spend thousands on a itb build you will be around 150whp on pump gas with supporting mods. plus its a pain to tune
By bks84
bigpunn421 wrote:you dont need the map sensor if you tune it.

and i wouldnt waste my money on that. if you went away from turbo which is one of the best dollar to hp mod you can do i wouldnt bother with the itb's

i would say after you spend thousands on a itb build you will be around 150whp on pump gas with supporting mods. plus its a pain to tune

if tuning on hondata, you do. for whatever reason hondata looks for a map signal regardless of tuning method (alpha n)