N/A build discussion
By Stam
#308626 hi guys i have a b16a2 engine that im going to rebuild
with the rebuild i can put some high compression pistons and what cheap mods i can make to produse more power?
By poorman type-r
#308637 12:1 pistons should be good. As for cheap mods I guess basic bolt ons. You could upgrade your valvetrain if you have the money.
By bigpunn421
Stam wrote:hi guys i have a b16a2 engine that im going to rebuild
with the rebuild i can put some high compression pistons and what cheap mods i can make to produse more power?

bump compression up as much as the fuel/tuner allows. and cams would be my top 2

dont forget on your tune and fuel setup either
By mADmAN
#308687 if u want cheap, then the b16b pistons, valve train and cams would be good for about 175whp on the dynojet. properly tuned of course.
By Stam
#308762 thank you very much guys
this is not for me is for a friend of mine he got a b16 engine from a crx and he wants to go for a rebuild plus some n/a tune
By poorman type-r
Stam wrote:thank you very much guys
this is not for me is for a friend of mine he got a b16 engine from a crx and he wants to go for a rebuild plus some n/a tune

You should make it an LSV or B20v you won't regret it. Much more torque.
By EJ1_MK
#308837 I am just going to come out and say this TELL HIM NOT TO SKIP OUT ON PART FOR THIS> Its like buying used brakes for your car. Spend the extra money and have the lower end build correctly, rods pistons, machine work i.e.- balancing and blueprinting and then do the head. might as well go all out.

ALL OR NOTHING..

Also might be a dumb ? but why is he rebuilding? did something happen? if so be specific........
By Stam
#308965 nothig hapend in the engine or the tranny
the thing is tha he bought engine,axles,tranny and ecu for 500 euro
here in greece a 1,6 liter conversion(b16a,b16b etc) cost around 4000euro!
thats why im getting my b18 conversion from a cousin of mine in france
he said me that there they have a lot of b18c4 stuf()sorry for speling mistakes()
By poorman type-r
#308974 4000 euro? Why is it so expensive?
By Stam
#308977 first 23% of this price is taxes
and whoever sales japaneese cars(we dont call them inport,cause we dont produse car as a country)
he has imported them from cyprus-there are TONS of japaneese cars cause the drive only rightwheel cars...
but still prices are expensive

as for me i have striped my engine bay and its going to the paint shop (civic eg5 hach)
(pictures wil be posted tommorow,i will star a new thread on b series section)