N/A build discussion
By moykaz
#305165 So guys, this is my 1st post so here I go...

I have a Honda Civic Cx 94 D15B8 (hope was v-tec)

I would like to have a short ram intake, so wich one my car will fit to my throttle body??

3." or 2.20"?? don't know, any one could help?
By teal_dx
#305224 Unfortunately the D15b8 is the weakest of all the motors available in US 5th gen civics. It only has an 8 valve head instead of 16 valves like other D series motors. To modify this motor is a waste of $$ because it will never be quick. I would keep it stock and enjoy the excellent MPG it gets while saving up for another motor or at least a vtec head to do a mini-me swap.

If you really want to get an intake, no need to go bigger than 2.5" It should come with a coupler that will fit on the throttle body.
(post a link to the one you're looking at buying for opinions) :thumb:
By slow4dr
#305227 I agree with teal_dx. To even squeeze any power out of the b8 you will need pistons out of a 16 valve motor and a 16 valve d series head before I would sink that kinda money into the b8 id find a d15b7 or a d16z6. But as teal said id swap it and mean while enjoy the mpg's
By moykaz
teal_dx wrote:Unfortunately the D15b8 is the weakest of all the motors available in US 5th gen civics. It only has an 8 valve head instead of 16 valves like other D series motors. To modify this motor is a waste of $$ because it will never be quick. I would keep it stock and enjoy the excellent MPG it gets while saving up for another motor or at least a vtec head to do a mini-me swap.

If you really want to get an intake, no need to go bigger than 2.5" It should come with a coupler that will fit on the throttle body.
(post a link to the one you're looking at buying for opinions) :thumb:

Thanks a lot for your advice, it clear my mind alot, and a I will enjoy the MPG.

This was the intake I wanted to buy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BCP-RED-93-97-C ... 3191wt_952
By FG2_Andrew
#305323 You can still get an intake to help with air flow.. Just remember all sri's are virtually the same. It's the filter that makes the difference!
By teal_dx
#305326 If you were to get an intake, I would go with a cold air instead of short ram. Cold air improves combustion. A short ram sucks in the hot air from the engine bay.
By bigpunn421
#308683 best design is to have the shortest possible distance between motor and intake.

but if you want cold air you should stick to same basics. short as possible

so instead of have the filter all the way where the cold air is far from the motor. you should instead move the cold air to the filter while keeping the filter as close to the motor as you can.

some eco modded cars use warm air intakes because it helps atomize the fuel/air mixture. it all depends on your car. longer intakes usually gain more torque and shorter intakes help hp