N/A build discussion
By jadeydrag0117
#298372 the last two days in a row i noticed after driving and getting out of my car a hissing noise under my car,

i cant tell if anythings leaking since its been rainy, but i'm wondering what it is, i think its the fuel pump and fuel being pushed making air = that sound, i'm going to bring it to a mechanic and see what the deal is,

but has anybody had this is it normal or what could it be, they're sorta like inconsistent intervals of soft misty hissing noises ,, very soft thogugh

im prrretty sure nothings leaking ...but i'm not certain.

thanks
By jred
#298375 since you said it was raining, your sure its not water from the road steaming off your exhaust pipe :?
By jadeydrag0117
teal_dx wrote:Could be a tiny pinhole in the exhaust. Can you pin point where it's coming from?

its pretty hard since its rainy, i think it might be the fuel pump making noises, but the time intervals between the hissing noises seem suspicious as if something was spraying out,

its sooooo quiet and sooo misty softish

ill try to find where its comming from when it stops raining and ill post some more infos,
By jadeydrag0117
jred wrote:since you said it was raining, your sure its not water from the road steaming off your exhaust pipe :?

hopefully thats just what it is,

but i dont think so the first time i heard it was in the garage.
By Hatch-O-Doom
#298408 I had something like this happen to me on my evo...
I heard soft hissing noises and it sounded like something you explained... this happened for a few days...
Happened under the car could never figure it out.. and it was under the engine area from what it sounded like.

I went on the highway one time goin from springs to denver and I had a blow out on both front tires... thank god when they blew out I was doin 75mph cuz if it would have happened eariler and I would have died....

Check your tires make sure nothing is wrong with them. no pin holes... cuz when I checked mine they looked fine. but when they blew out it was a massacure on the tires.
By jadeydrag0117
Hatch-O-Doom wrote:I had something like this happen to me on my evo...
I heard soft hissing noises and it sounded like something you explained... this happened for a few days...
Happened under the car could never figure it out.. and it was under the engine area from what it sounded like.

I went on the highway one time goin from springs to denver and I had a blow out on both front tires... thank god when they blew out I was doin 75mph cuz if it would have happened eariler and I would have died....

Check your tires make sure nothing is wrong with them. no pin holes... cuz when I checked mine they looked fine. but when they blew out it was a massacure on the tires.

if it was one of my tires wouldn't it be flat by now??? pretty sure its not but im going to check,

also its comming from some what the middle width of under my chasis, and the side length at the side rear jack point..(about a foot and half b4 the end of my muffler)
By jadeydrag0117
#298440 but i actually drove it again earlier today, and no noise...

the two days after driving it when i heard it, i do recall reving the engine on neutral i believe this was the problemo

thanks for the help though. gives me some ideas to check