N/A build discussion
By PhantomEJ1
#297079 Okay so on my d16 n/a build I need to know what head gasket to get. I already bought a Cometic one and everyone says its junk. Will a Honda oem work with high compression? Give me your opinion.
By Fada Blayne
#297086 oem will work with your high compression no problem.

how high you going?
By PhantomEJ1
#297087 Well I put JE 10.5:1 pistons in. Decked the block and milled the head so it probably be somewhere around 11.
By Fada Blayne
#297090 oem is fine
By bigpunn421
#297126 go with a oem gasket and pick up some copper gasket spray. i have seen 700whp personally on a honda with oem gasket and copper spray
By bks84
#298178 i dont use copper spray on my gaskets, i just use a lil RTV (or as all the fanboys call it: hondabond) on all the oil drain passages...
By teal_dx
#298200 I've never used hondabond on a head gasket (just about everything else though) but have had success with copper spray on my OEM HG after I had one start to leak a little on the same setup. (replacing the HG with a new one of course)
By PhantomEJ1
#298430 I went to Honda and they can't find a part number for one that is 75.5(.020 overbore), all they could find was the std. 75.0 mm bore gasket. So.....
By teal_dx
#298466 Just use the OEM stock one. If your pistons are going to go all the way into your head gasket, you've got bigger problems :hehe:

I have .020 overbore on my z6 and I've been rocking the stock HG fine :thumb:
By bigpunn421
bks84 wrote:i dont use copper spray on my gaskets, i just use a lil RTV (or as all the fanboys call it: hondabond) on all the oil drain passages...

wow mods delete this guys post. do you want the fourm filled with misleading info?
By bks84
#298621 How is it misleading, please... please... please inform me.

I've never ever used copper spray on any of the headgaasket jobs I've done on a Honda. So please tell me how I've misinformed ANYONE on here. Please.
By EJ1_MK
bks84 wrote:How is it misleading, please... please... please inform me.

I've never ever used copper spray on any of the headgaasket jobs I've done on a Honda. So please tell me how I've misinformed ANYONE on here. Please.

agreed seems as if the person calling out people needs to look at his own posts and realize you don't always know what your talking about.
By teal_dx
bigpunn421 wrote:
bks84 wrote:i dont use copper spray on my gaskets, i just use a lil RTV (or as all the fanboys call it: hondabond) on all the oil drain passages...

wow mods delete this guys post. do you want the fourm filled with misleading info?

If you're going to call someone out on their methods, do us a favor and say why you disagree and what you would do so we can keep the discussion informative :thumb:
By bks84
#298718 Problem is... he can't.
By rtegra92
#298722 If you look at ENDYN energy dynamics , larry puts hondabond on the oil passages of his own civic,

http://www.theoldone.com/articles/Larry ... _Civic.htm

these guys are top notch, and know what they're doing.
they were messing with honda engines since 1989.

i trust their methods.