N/A build discussion
By rtegra92
bks84 wrote:i dont use copper spray on my gaskets, i just use a lil RTV (or as all the fanboys call it: hondabond) on all the oil drain passages...

fan boys call it hondabond because its called hondabond :D
http://www.handa-accessories.com/hondabondlrg.jpg
By bks84
rtegra92 wrote:If you look at ENDYN energy dynamics , larry puts hondabond on the oil passages of his own civic,

http://www.theoldone.com/articles/Larry ... _Civic.htm

these guys are top notch, and know what they're doing.
they were messing with honda engines since 1989.

i trust their methods.

Thats why I do it.

As for your other post, I was referring to UltraGrey RTV. Its the same shit as Hondabond.
By PhantomEJ1
#298829 So since Honda doesn't make a 75.5 mm gasket they're out. And the Cometic one I have is no good and Golden Eagle doesn't have a 75.5 either then Bisimoto is the only other one I can find in 75.5. What other choices do I have and I'm not using any kind of spray just to make that clear.
By Fada Blayne
#298832 I could be wrong but based on a convo I was having recently with a buddy you could get away with using the 75mm gasket even though ur bore is 75.5. The theory is that the piston shouldn't be traveling that far up to cause an issue.
By bks84
Fada Blayne wrote:I could be wrong but based on a convo I was having recently with a buddy you could get away with using the 75mm gasket even though ur bore is 75.5. The theory is that the piston shouldn't be traveling that far up to cause an issue.
I think thats what teal dx mentioned earlier.
By Fada Blayne
#298993 Oops I had missed that.
By Johnny Stick
#314567 Four months had passed since the topic here was posted and I do apologize if my post here is quite late. I'm interested at the topic. Are all of the head gasket will fit all Honda civic regardless of model year? I'm planning to SPAM REMOVED at the auto shop near our place. thanks