N/A build discussion
By choness2004
#281787 Hi all,

I currently have a EG4 Civic hatch with a D15B2 engine, I've been told that I could put bike carbs on my engine instead of doing the MPI and Mini-Me swap.

Its really interested me as it seems a little unique especially in the UK for a Civic. Has anyone on here done it before?

I'm just looking for general info like parts, how hard it is, and just general info.

Thanks in advance :)
By Flatland_EG
#281894 Individual throttle bodies are pretty cool IMHO, if you can source the parts cheap enough and are willing to put a little extra time and effort into them they are well worth it. People have been using throttle bodies from bikes for a while now, you just need a stand alone engine management system to run them, Mega Squirt is a good place to start for that, you can customize it to run any from a push mower to funny car plus it's reasonably priced compared to other high end models. The ITB's should give better throttle response and they sound awesome when you get on the gas a bit.
There are companies that make ITB's but they are quite spendy, for example, and OBX ITB for the D16 is $900.
The only other thing I can really say is to do your research and see if it's a project you're willing to tackle. :thumb: